) Cranberry Orange Simple Syrup: A Delicious Recipe
Looking for a delicious and festive cocktail recipe that is perfect for any special occasion? Look no further than the Cranberry Orange Champagne Cocktail! This cocktail is not only easy to make, but it’s also bursting with delicious flavors that are sure to impress your guests. Whether you are hosting a New Year’s Eve party or a wedding reception, this cocktail is sure to be a hit.
The star of this cocktail is the homemade Cranberry Orange Simple Syrup, which adds a touch of sweetness and tartness while also highlighting the fruits’ flavors. The syrup is made with fresh cranberries, orange juice, and granulated sugar along with water, boiled together until thickened into a syrupy consistency. This recipe yields more than enough syrup for multiple cocktails so that you can double or triple the recipe.
This cocktail can be a refreshing option to serve with brunch or as an after-dinner drink, perfect for any special occasion. So why not give it a try? With its festive color and fresh flavors of cranberries and oranges complemented by the sparkling wine, we guarantee that your guests will love it.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Get ready to make your taste buds sing with this delicious Cranberry Orange Simple Syrup. This syrup is perfect for adding a pop of flavor to your cocktails and mocktails. Whether you’re an experienced mixologist or just learning the basics, you’ll quickly fall in love with this recipe.
One reason you’ll love this recipe is that it is incredibly easy to make. With only four ingredients – water, fresh cranberries, orange juice, and granulated sugar – you can whip up a batch of syrup in minutes. Plus, the simple recipe means that even novice cooks will feel confident making it on their own.
Another reason why you’ll love this recipe is its versatility. The Cranberry Orange Simple Syrup is the perfect complement to a wide range of cocktail ingredients. Add it to champagne, sparkling wine, prosecco or cava for an extra layer of depth and complexity. Use it as a base for a French 75 or as an alternative sweetener for an Orange Mimosa. There are countless ways to incorporate this syrup into your favorite cocktail recipes.
Finally, this cranberry simple syrup is perfect for entertaining guests. Its vibrant pink hue and festive garnishes like sugared cranberries and fresh rosemary make it an elegant addition to any holiday spread or special occasion. Your guests will rave about the taste and the effortless sophistication of your signature cocktails.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for an easy yet impressive way to elevate your cocktails or mocktails, look no further than Cranberry Orange Simple Syrup. Its straightforward recipe, versatility, and excellent presentation make it a must-have ingredient in all cocktail enthusiasts’ kitchens.
For the syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- Optional garnish: fresh rosemary and sugared cranberries
For the cocktail:
- 2 ounces cranberry orange simple syrup
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 3 ounces champagne, sparkling wine, prosecco, or cava
Note: The recipe makes enough syrup for approximately 8 cocktails.
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Gathering Ingredients
Gather the following ingredients to make the cranberry orange simple syrup for your champagne cocktail:
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 ounce of orange liqueur
Step 2: Making the Simple Syrup
In a saucepan, combine water, sugar, cranberries, and orange juice and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Then reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until all the cranberries have burst.
After the cranberries burst, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool down for a bit. Strain out the smooth syrup into a container to separate the liquid from solid pieces.
Finally, stir in an ounce of orange liqueur to give it a little zing.
Step 3: Preparing Your Champagne Cocktail
Fill your cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add two ounces of your homemade cranberry simple syrup and three ounces of chilled champagne or sparkling wine such as Prosecco, Cava or other types. Shake well until all ingredients are well combined.
Step 4: Serving Your Cranberry Orange Champagne Cocktail
Strain your mixture in a champagne flute, add some sugared cranberries garnish (optional), or you can add fresh rosemary if you want an elegant look. Add an orange slice if you want another twist on this refreshing cocktail.
Step 5: Enjoy Your Drink!
Now that your work is done, it is time to enjoy your homemade cranberry orange champagne cocktail with your loved ones! Make sure to take a sip right away while it’s still fizzy!
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re looking to mix it up a bit, there are several substitutions and variations you could try with this recipe. Here are some ideas to get you started:
– Use different fruits: Instead of cranberries, consider trying blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or even pomegranate seeds.
– Try different sweeteners: If you want to switch things up from granulated sugar, try brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
– Use different juices: You can experiment with different juices for a unique cocktail flavor. Instead of orange juice, try grapefruit juice or even lemonade.
– Change the alcohol: While champagne is the traditional choice for a sparkling wine cocktail, try using prosecco or cava for a different twist.
– Garnish with different ingredients: Instead of sugared cranberries and rosemary sprigs, try using orange slices or fresh mint leaves.
By playing around with these substitutions and variations, you can create your own unique cocktail recipe that suits your taste preferences.
Serving and Pairing
This cranberry orange simple syrup is the perfect addition to your cocktail recipe arsenal. Use it in a tried and true champagne cocktail by adding 1 ounce of the syrup and ½ ounce of orange liqueur to a cocktail shaker with ice, then top with 3 ounces of champagne or sparkling wine. Shake well and pour into a champagne flute. Garnish with sugared cranberries, fresh cranberries or a slice of orange.
However, this cranberry simple syrup can make for more than just one delicious cocktail recipe. You can try mixing it up by using 2 ounces of the syrup, ½ ounce of orange juice, ½ ounce of orange liqueur and 3 ounces of champagne or sparkling wine to create the Cranberry Orange Champagne Cocktail.
Moreover, you can use this sweet and tangy syrup in many different cocktail recipes like Prosecco cocktails or Cava cocktails. If you are looking for something less bubbly and still just as flavorful, try making an Orange Mimosa or a French 75 with this cranberry orange simple syrup.
When it comes to pairing dishes with cocktails made with this simple syrup, you can keep things classic by serving small bites such as crackers and cheese or shrimp cocktail. If you are looking to take things up a notch, try pairing these drinks with savory hors d’oeuvres that have earthy flavors like mushroom crostini or even potato truffle bites.
Overall, this cranberry orange simple syrup is versatile and can be used in a range of cocktail recipes that are sure to become your new favorites!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This cranberry orange simple syrup is perfect for making ahead of time. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, allowing you to have it on hand for whenever you need it. If you plan on using it for a champagne cocktail recipe, I recommend storing the syrup in a glass bottle with a pour spout attached for easy use.
When reheating the syrup, simply place the desired amount into a small saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar has fully dissolved. Do not boil the syrup as this can cause it to become too thick or even crystalize.
If you find that your syrup has become too thick due to sitting in the refrigerator or from the reheating process, simply add a small amount of water and stir until it reaches your desired consistency.
For those who prefer a non-alcoholic version of this drink, you can substitute sparkling water or soda for champagne or sparkling wine. The cranberry orange simple syrup will still make for a delicious and refreshing drink that can be enjoyed at any time of day.
When serving, I like to garnish the drink with fresh sugared cranberries or a slice of orange. For an added touch, try sprucing up the drink with some fresh rosemary sprigs, which add an aromatic fragrance to each sip.
Tips for Perfect Results
To make the perfect cranberry orange syrup for your champagne cocktail recipe, it is important to follow some tips that can help you get the best taste and consistency. Here are some tips for you to follow:
1. Use fresh cranberries: Using fresh cranberries will give a more intense flavor to your syrup. Frozen cranberries can be used too, but they might not have the same flavor strength as fresh ones.
2. Don’t overcook the syrup: Boiling the syrup for too long can make it too thick and take away its fruity taste. Always keep an eye on your concoction while making it and remove from heat once the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add fresh orange juice: Squeezing fresh oranges instead of using store-bought juice will help to draw out an intense citrus taste. The use of fresh-squeezed juice gives a better depth of flavor to your homemade syrup.
4. Use the right ratio: To get a perfect balance of tartness and sweetness, use a 1:2 ratio of sugar to water when making simple syrup. The 2 cups of water should be added with a cup of granulated sugar.
5. Add garnishes: Consider adding sugared cranberries or a sprig of rosemary when serving up the cocktail. These touches can help enhance the flavor experience and presentation of your cocktail, impressing guests with its added touches of elegance.
By following these tips, you’re sure to perfect your homemade cranberry orange champagne cocktail recipe and serve up an unforgettable drink that everyone will love. Your guests won’t stop talking about how good it tastes!
In conclusion, this simple syrup – cranberry orange has the potential to elevate your cocktail game at every party, celebration, and gathering. It’s a versatile ingredient that can be used in different cocktail recipes- champagne cocktails, mimosa, shrub cocktail, and much more.
By making this simple syrup recipe, you’ll appreciate how easily it comes together and how it transforms your cocktails’ taste profile. You’ll enjoy the fruity flavors from the fresh cranberries, orange juice, sparkles of bubbly champagne, and the subtle sweetness from the granulated sugar.
Whether you opt for a classic cranberry champagne cocktail, a refreshing cava cocktail with orange shrub, or a sophisticated Prosecco cocktail with orange liqueur, the options are endless. The best part is that it’s adaptable to your preferences because you can adjust it to your desired sweetness levels.
What’s more? You can enjoy this cranberry orange simple syrup with some useful tips that guarantee perfect results or garnish with sugared cranberries and fresh rosemary springs to impress your guests.
Incorporating this recipe in your cocktail-making skills will undoubtedly impress all who taste them. And while there are other simple syrup recipes out there, none can beat this cranberry-orange flavor- trust me on this. So shake up some cocktails to remember using this fantastic recipe!
Simple Syrup - Cranberry Orange for Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh, frozen
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ice cube
- 1/4 cup cranberries, frozen for floating in your cocktail
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT ice cubes in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to med-high.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and pour through a wire mesh strainer, pressing berries with the back of a spoon to release their juices.
- Discard solids.
- Stir in 1/2 C ice cubes to cool.
- Freeze for 20 minutes to further cool.
- Add 1 - 2 Tablespoons to your favorite sparkling wine. I love Prosecco.
- Float a few frozen cranberries in the glass and watch them dance in the bubbles!