Welcome to my recipe for Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken!
Are you looking to impress your dinner guests or give your family a special treat? Look no further because this dish is sure to be a hit. Whether it’s a holiday gathering or just a dinner at home, this dish will bring an elegant touch to any occasion.
Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken is one of the most popular dishes at the Italian restaurant chain, and now you can recreate it in the comfort of your own home. This amazing recipe is quick and easy to prepare, but don’t let its simplicity fool you – the result is a delicious, creamy chicken dinner that will have everyone scraping their plates.
With just a few ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you’ll have a restaurant-quality meal on your table in no time. Our recipe features pan-sautéed chicken cutlets smothered in a rich champagne cream sauce that is infused with flavors of tarragon, red pepper flakes, and fresh ground black pepper. And don’t forget the parmesan cheese, which gives this dish an extra depth of flavor that will leave you speechless.
This Champagne Chicken recipe is versatile enough to be served with some angel hair pasta or as a standalone dish, depending on your preference. So gather round fellow chefs and let’s get cooking! This recipe is perfect for the busy nights when time is of the essence but quality cannot be compromised. Get ready for a delicious and indulgent meal by following these straightforward steps; trust me, your taste buds will thank you!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Calling all chicken lovers! If you’re looking for a quick and delicious dinner recipe that will make your taste buds sing, you have to try Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken Recipe. This dish is the perfect balance of savory and decadent flavors that are sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Not only is this recipe incredibly easy to make, but it’s also absolutely delicious. The main ingredients include juicy chicken cutlets, buttery olive oil, and a sparkling champagne cream sauce that will leave you wanting more. And let’s not forget the angel hair pasta, which serves as a perfect backdrop for the rich flavors of the dish.
The tarragon and red pepper flakes add a depth of flavor to this recipe that make it truly unforgettable. These ingredients add just the right amount of spice without overpowering the other flavors in the dish. Furthermore, the parmesan cheese adds just enough saltiness to bring it all together.
But here’s why else you’ll love this recipe: it’s incredibly versatile. You can use different types of pasta, such as fettuccine or linguine, or even substitute chicken breasts instead of cutlets. The possibilities are endless with this recipe!
In addition, this recipe would make a great addition to any dinner party or special occasion. It’s impressive-looking (like something you would get at a fancy Italian restaurant), but it’s so easy to prepare that anyone can do it. Plus, who doesn’t love a good champagne cream sauce?
Overall, Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken Recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves delicious food and wants an easy-to-follow recipe that they can enjoy any day of the week. Trust me; once you try it, you’ll be hooked!
Here’s a list of what you need to make this Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken recipe:
- 4 thin-sliced chicken cutlets (about 1-3 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 3/4 cup champagne or sparkling wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
The key ingredients for this recipe are the champagne, tarragon, and heavy cream. The marriage of flavors from these three ingredients creates a rich, heavenly sauce that elevates plain chicken into something special. Make sure to have all the ingredients ready before commencing with the recipe as everything comes together quickly during cooking.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gathered all the necessary ingredients, it’s time to start cooking this delicious Carrabba Champagne Chicken Recipe. You are going to love how quick and easy it is to make!
Here are the steps on how to make this recipe:
Step 1: Prepare the Chicken Cutlets
- Pound 4 thin chicken cutlets to a thickness of about ¼ inch.
- Season them with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Step 2: Coat the Chicken
- Put 1/3 cup flour, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon tarragon and mixed seasoning in a shallow dish and stir until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Dredge each chicken cutlet in the mixture to coat both sides, shaking off any excess.
Step 3: Sauté the Chicken
- Heat 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces, and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Step 4: Make the Champagne Cream Sauce
- In the same pan, melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1 tbsp fresh tarragon chopped, and a pinch of red pepper flakes, cook for around 30 seconds.
- Add in 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sauté until they are soft.
- Deglaze pan with ½ cup champagne wine in medium heat scrape up brown bits from bottom of pan. Cook for around 5 minutes or until wine is reduced by half
- Slowly whisk in 1 cup heavy cream, stirring constantly while bubbling for about 8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Step 5: Serve with Your Favorite Pasta
- Serve chicken on a bed of cooked angel hair pasta.
- Pour the champagne cream sauce over the chicken and pasta.
- Garnish with more chopped tarragon and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Congratulations, you have just made a delicious copycat Carrabba Champagne Chicken dish in the comfort of your own home!
Substitutions and Variations
While the Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken Recipe is already a delicious treat on its own, there’s always room for experimentation in the kitchen. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try to add a new twist to the classic recipe:
1. Angel hair pasta – If you’re looking to switch up your pasta game, try using spaghetti or fettuccine instead.
2. Tarragon – If you don’t have tarragon on hand, you can use rosemary, thyme, or oregano instead.
3. Red pepper flakes/fresh ground black pepper – Adjust the spiciness level of the dish by adding more or less of either ingredient.
4. Heavy cream – To make this dish lighter, you can substitute heavy cream for half-and-half or milk.
5. Parmesan cheese – You can switch up the type of cheese used in this recipe by using pecorino romano, asiago or gruyere cheese.
6. Chicken cutlets – If you can’t find chicken cutlets, you can also use chicken breasts and slice them thinner.
7. Olive oil – You can replace olive oil with vegetable oil or avocado oil.
8. Sautéed mushrooms – In addition to serving with angel hair pasta, you could try serving it with a side of sautéed mushrooms for a hearty variation.
Whatever substitution or variation you decide to try, make sure your ingredients complement each other well and pair perfectly with champagne chicken as this adds extra depth of flavour to your dish.
Serving and Pairing
Once the Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken is cooked to perfection, presented beautifully and ready to serve, your taste buds will be in for a treat. You’ll enjoy the sensation of the tender chicken cutlets drizzled with a creamy Champagne sauce that’s been seasoned to perfection. You can pair this dish up with a variety of sides to complete your meal.
When it comes to choosing the perfect side dishes, you’ll want something complementary that doesn’t overshadow the flavors of the champagne cream sauce. A simple garlic roasted potatoes dish would be a great choice. If you prefer Italian flavors, consider serving alongside some fettuccine alfredo or angel hair pasta sautéed in garlic and some extra virgin olive oil.
Steamed vegetables like asparagus tips, broccoli florets or green beans make an excellent option as well because they add color and texture without being too overpowering.
In terms of drinks, choose a sparkly beverage to match with the effervescence of the Champagne used in this recipe so go ahead order a bottle of your favorite sparkling wine or champagne to indulge along with your meal.
With its delicious flavor combinations, Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken pairs well with both red and white wines due to its creamy flavorful sauce that’s complemented by medium-bodied white wines like Chardonnay, Pinot Gris or Sauvignon Blanc. If you prefer red wine options pairing with medium full-bodied reds such as Pinot Noir, Chianti or even Shiraz will be good choices.
Ultimately, how you Serve and Pair this dish is up to you so listen to what your taste buds are asking for and create a meal experience that’s just right for you!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Making ahead, storing, and reheating the Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken Recipe is an easy process that ensures you can enjoy this delicious meal at any time. Whether you are a busy person or live alone and want to make your meal preparation easier, the following steps will guide you in making and storing this decadent dish.
To make ahead:
You can prepare the chicken cutlets and the creamy champagne sauce up to two days ahead of time, however, it is best to prepare the pasta fresh. After cooking and sautéing the chicken, allow it to cool completely before refrigerating in an airtight container. Separately store the cream sauce in another container, cover it tightly and keep refrigerated.
To store the chicken cutlets and creamy champagne sauce components separately in the refrigerator for later use, wait until they have cooled down completely before keeping them in airtight containers.
When it is time to reheat your Champagne Chicken recipe – warm up a medium-sized skillet over medium heat while adding in 1 tablespoon of butter. Once heated, place the chicken cutlets into the skillet and cook them for around 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn golden brown.
Similarly heat up a second skillet over medium-high heat, add a small amount of oil (1 tsp/5ml), sliced mushrooms (3 cups) and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes until they are tender. Once cooked add in 1 cup of heavy cream plus 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese salt pepper mix well and stir frequently for about 10 minutes until thickened.
Then add your pre-made sauce components to your skillet with ingredients from step two. Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly then adjust your seasoning according to taste preference.
Overall this recipe is a great option when looking for something quick and delicious ready-made meal. You can easily make ahead components of this dish ensuring you have a gourmet experience any day of the week.
Tips for Perfect Results
To get the most delicious outcome of Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken Recipe, here are some tips that you can follow to ensure perfect results:
1. Chicken Cutlets: Use thin chicken cutlets for this recipe. If you can’t find chicken cutlets, pound the chicken breasts into thin and even pieces.
2. Flour Coating: Coat the chicken in flour evenly to help thicken the sauce and give it a crispy texture. You can also use cornstarch instead of flour for a gluten-free option.
3. Sautéed Chicken: Sauté the chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat to let them achieve a golden-brown color on both sides.
4. Creamy Champagne Sauce: To make the champagne cream sauce, be sure to follow the recipe measurements exactly as listed, and use heavy cream instead of light cream or half-and-half. Constantly stir the cream sauce while adding the champagne to avoid clumping.
5. Adding Parmesan Cheese: Adding grated parmesan cheese to the sauce will make it richer and creamier while giving it a slightly nutty flavor.
6. Tarragon Flavor: If you don’t have tarragon on hand, you can substitute it with dried rosemary or thyme, but tarragon offers a more subtle herbal flavor that harmonizes perfectly with the lightness of champagne.
7. Olive Oil vs Butter: The recipe calls for both olive oil and butter due to their different smoking points and flavors, but if desired, you can use either one alone.
8. Serving Champagne Chicken: Serve champagne chicken alongside angel hair pasta garnished with red pepper flakes and freshly grated parmesan cheese on top for an enjoyable dining experience.
By following these tips, your Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken will turn out perfectly every time with an amazing creamy champagne sauce that elevates any meal into a festive occasion!
After reading through this article, I hope that you are eagerly waiting to try out the Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken recipe at home. This recipe is easy to make, delicious, and perfect for any occasion, whether it is a family dinner or a holiday treat.
The recipe ingredients are readily accessible, and the cooking process is straightforward, even for beginners. With just a little bit of effort, you can impress your guests with this copycat Carrabba’s dish.
What sets the Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken recipe apart from other chicken recipes is its creamy champagne sauce. The sauce is what makes this dish so unique and flavorful. It would taste best when paired with angel hair pasta, tarragon or red pepper flakes.
Moreover, chicken carrabba champagne pairs well with sparkling wines like champagne. Its taste and aroma are enhanced when accompanied by light-textured wine that is not too overpowering.
In conclusion, this quick champagne chicken recipe has everything you need to make a delicious meal in no time. The creamy champagne sauce is the highlight of this dish, making it a must-try for anyone who loves tasty food.
So head to your kitchen today, grab the ingredients and start cooking up some mouth-watering Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken. I’m sure you won’t regret trying it out!
Carrabba’s Champagne Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thin chicken cutlets
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup champagne (Dry. You can get dry sparkling wine for $6 a bottle)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (or evaporated milk)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan.
- Rinse the chicken pieces in water. Dredge them thoroughly in the flour mixture, until well coated.
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add half of the chicken pieces, do not crowd the pan.
- Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve to a plate. Cook the other breasts in the same manner, remove from pan. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm in the oven while you prepare the sauce.
- Add the champagne and mushrooms to the pan.
- Use a spatula to scrape up the browned bits.
- Reduce the sauce by half.
- Whisk in cream, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and tarragon.
- Heat until sauce thickens to a creamy consistency.
- Serve chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You