Greetings, foodies! Today, I bring you another mouthwatering recipe that will feed your soul and body. Let me introduce you to the Chicken with White Wine Sauce, a dish that will tickle your taste buds with its richness and delicate flavors. This dish is perfect for a fancy weekend dinner or a special occasion, as it is easy to make but looks and tastes impressive.
If you are wondering why this recipe stands out from the rest of the chicken dishes out there, let me tell you. The chicken breasts are tender and juicy, and the white wine sauce adds a subtle flavor that elevates the whole dish to another level of deliciousness. To make it even better, we add bacon and green onions to make it tastier and complement the delicate flavors of the wine sauce.
Trust me; once you try this recipe, it will become one of your top go-to dishes for any gathering or dinner party. It’s so delicious that you’ll have everyone asking for seconds, maybe even thirds! So what are you waiting for? Let’s gather all the ingredients we need and start cooking this fantastic Chicken with White Wine Sauce recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re craving a classic chicken dish with an elegant twist, then look no further than this Chicken with White Wine Sauce recipe. This recipe is perfect for a romantic date night or a family dinner that’s sure to impress. The rich flavor of the chicken is elevated by the tangy white wine sauce, which is creamy, flavorful, and packed with savory ingredients. Here are a few reasons why you’ll love this recipe:
1. Delicious white wine sauce: The sauce in this recipe is what really sets it apart. Made with white wine, garlic, and cream, it’s the perfect balance of tangy and savory flavors.
2. Perfectly cooked chicken: This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are cooked to perfection in a skillet. They’re tender, juicy and packed with flavor.
3. Easy to make: You don’t need to be a master chef to make this recipe. With just a few simple steps and ingredients, you can have an impressive meal on the table in no time.
4. Versatile: This recipe can be served with a variety of side dishes such as pasta or mashed potatoes. It’s also great with vegetables like broccoli or green beans.
5. Impressive presentation: It’s important for meals to not only taste good but look good too. With this Chicken with White Wine Sauce recipe, the elegant presentation is sure to impress your guests.
All in all, if you’re looking for a simple yet impressive meal that will leave your taste buds wanting more then try out this Chicken with White Wine Sauce recipe today!
In this Chicken with White Wine Sauce Recipe, we need to gather the following ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Choose chicken breasts that are of equal size to ensure even cooking. If the breasts are too thick, pound them to an even thickness before cooking.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper before cooking so that it can absorb the flavors better.
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Garlic powder adds flavor without the need for mincing fresh garlic.
2 large garlic cloves, minced
Minced garlic gives a more intense flavor than garlic powder and should be used in smaller portions for recipes.
2 cups flour
The flour will be used to coat the chicken breasts before cooking to give it a golden brown crust.
1/3 cup dry white wine
Dry white wine is important as it balances out the creaminess of the sauce without making it too sweet.
3/4 cup creamy white wine sauce
This sauce will be the base for our dish. It is made by adding white wine, butter, and chicken broth to a pan then reducing until thickened.
1/2 cup bacon, sliced into small pieces
Bacon adds saltiness and crunch to the dish.
1 green onion stalk, sliced diagonally
Green onion adds a mild onion flavor and crunchy texture as garnish.
Cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch + 3 tablespoons water)
A cornstarch slurry is essential to thicken the sauce at the end of cooking.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
The Recipe How-To
After reviewing the ingredient list, it’s time to prepare the dish. Remember to wash your hands and sanitize your work area before you begin. Here are the steps for making this delicious chicken with white wine sauce recipe:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Juice of half a lemon (optional)
- Chopped green onions, for garnish (optional)
Season each side of the chicken breasts generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
On a plate, add the flour, then dip each pair of chicken breasts into the flour until well coated on both sides. Shake off the excess and set aside.
In a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven, heat up olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until hot.
Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until they are golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
In the same skillet over low-medium heat, add more butter if needed and sauté some garlic until fragrant.
Pour in white wine into the pan to deglaze it, scraping any bits that may have accumulated in the bottom of the pan. Let it simmer until reduced by half.
Add chicken broth into the skillet along with some cornstarch mixed with water, whisking well to combine everything together.
Sauce will thicken as you simmer it for 2-3 minutes.
What white wine to use? Use a dry white wine, such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.
Stir in heavy cream and whisk well to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer and allow it to cook for another minute or until the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
It’s time to make the chicken creamy!
Pour lemon juice over chicken if desired.
Add chopped green onion into sauce and mix well.
Pour the white wine sauce over the chicken breasts and let everything cook together for a final 2-3 minutes in the skillet, allowing the flavors to meld together.
Serve the chicken breasts hot with some of the delicious white wine sauce spooned over each piece, and garnish with more green onions and lemon wedges, if desired.
- Don’t overcrowd your skillet when browning chicken breasts, doing so will create
Substitutions and Variations
If you want to add a personal touch to this recipe, here are some ingredients that can be substituted or added to elevate the flavors of your chicken with white wine sauce:
– Mushrooms: Instead of green onions, chop up some mushrooms and sauté them in the pan before adding the rest of the sauce ingredients. This will give a richer flavor to the wine sauce and create a creamy white wine and mushroom sauce.
– Bacon: For an even more indulgent flavor profile, add a few pieces of bacon to the pan before cooking the chicken breasts. Once crispy, remove from the pan and set aside until ready to use as a crunchy garnish.
– Lemon: If you want your chicken with white wine sauce to have a citrusy zing that pairs well with chicken pasta or mashed potatoes, add freshly squeezed lemon juice to the wine pan sauce.
– Mustard Sauce: For a creamier variation of this chicken recipe, whisk in 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard and 1/2 cup heavy cream into your white wine sauce for creamy chicken white wine mustard sauce.
– Braised Chicken Thighs: This white wine chicken recipe is also great for braising bone-in chicken thighs instead of boneless skinless chicken breasts. The result will be succulent and tender meat coated with flavorful creamy white wine garlic sauce.
– Italian Chicken: For an Italian twist, sprinkle dried oregano, basil or rosemary over the cooked chicken breast and top it off with fresh tomato slices before pouring the white wine sauce over it.
– Baked Chicken: Instead of serving your skillet chicken with white wine sauce directly from the pan, pour it over baked chicken for even richer flavor.
These are just some variations that will impress your guests or make mealtime a little more exciting. Whether creating a rich creamy flavor by making creamy white wine garlic mushroom sauce or adding bacon for crunchiness on top of creamy chicken dijon, substitutions can yield a wide variety of scrumptious and personalized chicken white wine sauce dishes.
Serving and Pairing
This Chicken with White Wine Sauce Recipe is versatile and pairs wonderfully with a variety of sides.
For a light, refreshing pairing, I recommend serving the chicken with a simple mixed greens salad dressed in a lemon vinaigrette. The acidity of the vinaigrette pairs perfectly with the white wine sauce and balances out the richness of the chicken.
If you’re in the mood for something heartier, serve the chicken alongside creamy mashed potatoes or buttery pasta. This will make for a cozy and comforting meal that is sure to impress your dinner guests.
For those looking to add some extra flavor to the dish, consider sautéing some mushrooms in olive oil and garlic until they are golden brown and crispy. Spoon them over the chicken and sauce for an earthy addition that will elevate this dish to restaurant-quality.
Lastly, if you’re feeling extra indulgent, add some crumbled bacon on top of the chicken before serving. The salty crunch will add some texture to each bite and bring out all the savory notes present in this dish.
No matter what you decide to pair it with, this creamy white wine chicken recipe is guaranteed to be enjoyed by all who indulge.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This Chicken with White Wine Sauce recipe is a great make-ahead dish, perfect for busy weeknights or entertaining dinner guests. The flavors meld together beautifully when prepared in advance and reheated, making leftovers just as delicious.
To make ahead of time, prepare the chicken and sauce as directed in the recipe. Let them cool to room temperature before transferring them to an airtight container for storage in the refrigerator. The chicken and sauce can be stored separately for up to 2 days.
When ready to serve, reheat the chicken in a skillet over medium heat until heated through. If the sauce thickens too much during storage, add a little bit of water or milk while reheating until the desired consistency is reached. You can also preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the chicken covered with aluminum foil for 10-15 minutes.
The leftover chicken and sauce also make great components for meal prep throughout the week. Spoon some of the sauce over steamed vegetables or rice or use it as a dipping sauce for bread.
Note that if using cornstarch as a thickener for the sauce, it may become slightly clumpy upon reheating. Simply give it a quick whisk or stir until smooth again before serving.
Overall, this Chicken with White Wine Sauce recipe is versatile and perfect for making ahead of time or saving for leftovers throughout the week.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure your chicken with white wine sauce recipe comes out perfectly, there are a few tips you’ll want to keep in mind:
1. Don’t overcook the chicken: Overcooking can cause the chicken to dry out and become tough. Be sure to watch the cooking time and remove the chicken from the heat as soon as it’s cooked through.
2. Use fresh ingredients: Be sure to use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the recipe. For example, using fresh garlic instead of powdered garlic will give your sauce a more robust and authentic flavor.
3. Thoroughly mix cornstarch: Make sure you mix the cornstarch thoroughly so there are no lumps in your sauce. You can mix it with cold water before adding it to the saucepan.
4. Adjust seasoning: Taste and adjust seasonings throughout cooking, especially at the end. Salt and pepper should be added according to personal preference, but don’t forget that wines have slight variations in acidity or sweetness that can change how much salt and pepper you need.
5. Use room temperature chicken: Using room temperature chicken breasts will help ensure even cooking throughout.
6. Deglaze pan with wine: After cooking bacon or chicken in the skillet, deglaze the pan with wine to incorporate all those tasty browned bits into your sauce.
By following these tips, you’ll create a dish that is just right – not too dry or too salty – with all flavors fully developed by both cooking techniques and natural flavors from your ingredients. Enjoy!
Now that you know how to make this delicious chicken with white wine sauce, let’s answer some common questions about the recipe to ensure the perfect result every time. Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers for your reference.
What is a good white wine to cook with chicken?
When it comes to using wine for cooking, sauvignon blanc and chardonnay are both reliable options. Sauvignon blanc offers a sharper taste, while chardonnay is richer in body, but their unique flavors are not the main focus when incorporated into recipes.
What does white wine do to sauce?
White wine is a versatile addition to various dishes. Its combination with dairy products, exemplified by fondue, results in a harmonious flavor. When used instead of vinegar in classic sauces such as beurre blanc and Béarnaise, it reduces the sauces’ acidity and improves complexity. Additionally, white wine adds richness to cream-based sauces while balancing their intense, fatty flavor.
How to make a white wine Sause?
To prepare a delicious sauté sauce, start off by heating up olive oil in a large saucepan under medium heat. Put in garlic and red pepper, and sauté until they turn golden brown which should take about one minute. Next, add a pinch of salt and pepper, then pour in some wine followed by a chunk of butter to create the sauce. Stir the mixture for about two minutes before taking it off the heat. Finally, mix the savory sauce with pasta, chicken, shrimp, or scallops to elevate the flavor of your dish.
What is white wine sauce made of?
To create a delicious white wine sauce, you will need dry white wine, garlic, and shallot.
In conclusion, you simply must try this chicken with white wine sauce recipe! It’s a delicious and easy meal that’s perfect for any occasion, from a weeknight dinner to a fancy date night in.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s so versatile – you can substitute the chicken for any protein of your choice and mix up the seasonings to create new flavor combinations. Additionally, the sauce pairs perfectly with a variety of side dishes, from pasta to mashed potatoes.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. With just a few ingredients and simple steps, you’ll have a restaurant-quality meal on the table in no time.
So next time you’re looking for something new to try in the kitchen, give this chicken with white wine sauce recipe a shot. We guarantee that you won’t be disappointed!
Chicken With White Wine Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup white wine, good quality
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- In a large pan fry the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pan but not the fat rendered. Add the chicken to the pan and continue cooking until the chicken is golden brown add salt and pepper to taste. Once the chicken is golden brown, remove the chicken from the pan and drain as much fat as possible. Return pan to the stove, put it on low heat and add the wine and loosen the brown bits from the pan. In a bowl mix the water and the cornstarch together and add it to the wine, stir. Bring back the bacon and the chicken to the pan, add the green onions and peas, check for seasoning. Cover and keep on low heat for about another 15 minutes until the sauce thickens. If you want a thicker sauce just add more water and cornstarch mixture. Serve over spaguetti. Sprinkle with some grated parmesan cheese.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You