Are you tired of the same boring chicken recipes? Do you want to impress your dinner guests with a dish that is both elegant and delicious? Look no further than this White Wine and Mushroom Chicken Recipe!
This recipe takes boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs and elevates them to restaurant-quality status with a creamy white wine mushroom sauce. The combination of savory cremini mushrooms, tangy white wine, and rich cream make for a decadent and unforgettable meal.
But don’t worry, despite the gourmet flavor, this recipe is easy enough for even novice cooks to master. With only a few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes of prep time, you’ll have a stunning main course that is sure to impress.
So why settle for boring chicken when you could have a mouth-watering, crowd-pleasing dish with just a few easy steps? Give this White Wine and Mushroom Chicken Recipe a try tonight and discover your new favorite go-to meal.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you on the hunt for a flavor-packed meal that will satisfy your taste buds without compromising on nutrition? Look no further than this mouth-watering white wine and mushroom chicken recipe!
There are countless reasons why you’re going to love this dish. First and foremost, it’s incredibly easy to make – all you need is a handful of ingredients, a large skillet, and 25 minutes to spare. That’s right – you can whip up a gourmet-style dinner in less time than it takes to watch an episode of your favorite show!
Of course, convenience alone isn’t enough to win over discerning foodies. Luckily, this recipe doesn’t skimp on taste either. Tender boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs are seared to perfection in olive oil and butter before being smothered in a creamy white wine and mushroom sauce. The resulting flavor is decadent, rich, and full-bodied thanks to the addition of cremini mushrooms, garlic powder, and fresh lemon juice.
But wait – it gets even better! Not only does the sauce elevate the chicken to new heights of flavor, but it also doubles as an amazing pasta sauce. Serve this delicious chicken with al dente noodles for a meal that is impressive enough for company, but easy enough for a weeknight dinner.
So what are you waiting for? Give yourself (and your tastebuds) something to look forward to tonight – whip up this white wine and mushroom chicken recipe and see what all the fuss is about!
Here is a breakdown of ingredients you will need to make this delicious white wine and mushroom chicken recipe:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts: 3 large
- Salt and pepper: To taste
- Garlic powder: 2 tsp
- Flour: 2 tbsp
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Butter, divided: 2 tbsp
- Cremini mushrooms: 4 cup sliced
- Garlic cloves, minced: 3 large
- White wine: 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup
- Chicken broth: 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice: From half a lemon
- Margarine or heavy cream (optional): For creamy sauce
With these ingredients, you’ll have everything you’ll need to create a truly scrumptious meal that will leave your family and friends amazed.
The Recipe How-To
Now let’s dive into the fun part – making the White Wine and Mushroom Chicken Recipe. I suggest preparing all the ingredients beforehand so that the cooking process goes smoothly. Here’s how to make it, step-by-step:
Step 1: Prepare the chicken
– Start by seasoning 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
– Heat a large skillet with 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for approximately 5 minutes until the chicken is golden brown.
Step 2: Sauté the mushrooms
– Once the chicken has been cooked on both sides, remove it from the skillet and set it aside on a plate.
– In the same pan where you cooked the chicken, add 2 tbsp butter divided into smaller pieces along with 2 tsp olive oil.
– Once hot, add 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms and sauté until browned for about 5 minutes.
Step 3: Make the white wine and mushroom sauce
– To create a flavorful white wine sauce, add in 1/4 cup of white wine to deglaze the pan along with 1/2 cup of chicken broth, 1/4 cup of heavy cream or half-and-half, and juice of half a lemon.
– Mix all ingredients together until they are well combined. If you want to thicken your sauce, you can mix together 1 tbsp flour with 1 tbsp margarine and add it into the pan.
– Allow the sauce to simmer for approximately five minutes until it thickens.
Step 4: Combine everything together
– Now here comes my favorite part! Add in cooked chicken back into the skillet. Coat each piece well with mushroom sauce by spooning it over several times.
– Cook for another minute until everything is heated through.
Your delicious White Wine and Mushroom Chicken Recipe is now ready to be served!
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re looking to switch things up in this recipe, there are plenty of substitutions and variations you can try.
– Chicken Thighs: Don’t have chicken breasts on hand? No problem. Swap them out for boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead. The cooking time may need to be adjusted slightly, but otherwise the recipe remains the same.
– Mushroom Variety: While this recipe calls for cremini mushrooms, you can try using different types of mushrooms, such as shiitake or portobello, to add a different flavor and texture to the sauce.
– Garlic: If you’re not a fan of garlic powder or prefer fresh garlic, simply substitute 2-3 cloves minced garlic instead.
– Wine: While white wine adds a delicious flavor to this dish, you can experiment with other types of wine, such as red or rosé, to see how they pair with the other ingredients.
– Creamy Sauce: Want to make the sauce creamier? Add 1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half after the wine has been reduced and let it simmer for a few more minutes.
– Pasta: For a heartier meal, serve the chicken and mushroom sauce over your favorite pasta (such as fettuccine or linguine) instead of rice.
No matter what substitutions or variations you choose, this white wine and mushroom chicken recipe is sure to be a hit at any mealtime.
Serving and Pairing
Once your white wine and mushroom chicken is ready, it’s time to think about serving and pairing. This creamy dish pairs beautifully with crusty bread or pasta, allowing you to fully enjoy the flavors of the rich mushroom sauce.
When it comes to wine pairing, you can’t go wrong by serving the same wine used in the recipe. A good white wine, like a Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc, will complement the flavors in the mushroom sauce while also cutting through its richness.
If you’re looking for something more bold, try pairing your chicken with a Pinot Noir, which will add a slightly fruity complexity to the dish. For those who prefer red wines, a light-bodied Merlot or Syrah would also be a great choice.
For sides, consider serving roasted vegetables such as carrots or brussels sprouts to cut through the richness of the dish. You may even want to try adding some garlic mashed potatoes for an extra comforting touch.
Overall, white wine and mushroom chicken is a true crowd-pleaser that is both satisfying and delicious. With the right pairings and sides, it will be sure to impress your guests at any dinner party.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This White Wine and Mushroom Chicken recipe can easily be made ahead of time, making it perfect for a stress-free weeknight dinner or a special occasion. Simply prepare the dish up to the point of adding the white wine sauce and place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
To reheat, either microwave the chicken until heated through or place it in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes. If the sauce has thickened too much, add a splash of water or chicken broth to loosen it up before reheating.
If you have leftover mushroom chicken, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. It can also be frozen for up to three months, but keep in mind that freezing may change the texture of the chicken.
When ready to serve again, allow the chicken to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating as instructed above.
This make-ahead and reheating capability makes it easier for busy individuals who want to eat their favorite meals without spending too much time cooking each night.
Tips for Perfect Results
Achieving a perfect white wine and mushroom chicken recipe requires careful attention to detail. Here are some tips to make sure your dish turns out beautifully.
Firstly, use fresh cremini mushrooms for maximum flavor. They add an earthy, savory element to the sauce that is enhanced by the white wine. Slice them evenly so they cook uniformly in the pan.
Secondly, marinate the chicken in a mixture of white wine, lemon juice, and garlic powder for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will infuse the meat with flavor and make it tender.
Next, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste before searing it in olive oil in a large skillet. Make sure the oil is hot before adding the chicken so it develops a crispy golden-brown crust.
When sautéing the mushrooms and garlic in margarine, be sure not to overcrowd the pan. This will ensure that they brown evenly and don’t become mushy.
To make a creamier mushroom sauce, add a dollop of sour cream or heavy cream to the white wine sauce before letting it simmer. This will thicken the sauce and give it a velvety texture.
Finally, serve the white wine and mushroom chicken with crusty bread or pasta to soak up any remaining sauce. A crisp white wine such as Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc pairs perfectly with this dish.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to create an inviting aroma that will have everyone salivating over your delicious white wine and mushroom chicken recipe.
In conclusion, if you want to impress your guests with an unforgettable dinner, this White Wine and Mushroom Chicken recipe is the way to go. Not only is it easy to make, but it also has a delicious and creamy mushroom sauce that pairs perfectly with a glass of white wine.
Moreover, this dish offers many variations and substitutions like using chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts or even adding some Dijon mustard for an extra kick. You could also serve it with pasta for a heartier meal.
Overall, this recipe is versatile and definitely worth trying for anyone who loves cooking and wants to impress their family or friends. So why wait any longer? Get your apron on and start sautéing those mushrooms in some olive oil. Trust me; you won’t regret making this dish!
White Wine and Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4-1 cup water
- 1/2 lemon
- garlic powder
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Brown both sides of chicken tenders in skillet (3-5 minutes per side) Remove tenders then add the mushrooms and cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Push mushrooms to one side of the pan and melt butter then add flour to make a roux. Cook until combined and flour has cooked out, stirring constantly (about 2 minutes and add more butter or olive oil if mixture looks too dry).
- Add wine and let cook out. Mixture will thicken so add water as necessary.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and continue cooking until gravy is of desired thickness.
- Squeeze lemon into gravy and serve over rice or noodles.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You