Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce Recipe
Calling all pork lovers! This recipe is for you. Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce is a comforting and hearty meal that is perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s for a weeknight dinner with your family or a special gathering with your friends, this dish is sure to impress.
With savory chunks of boneless pork chops coated in a rich and flavorful wine sauce, this recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. The sauce brings out the natural flavors of the pork chops and creates a depth of flavor that will leave your taste buds tingling.
At only 359 calories per serving, this low-carb recipe is both delicious and healthy. With minimal preparation time and easy-to-find ingredients, this recipe promises to be one of your go-to meals for years to come.
So, what are you waiting for? Head to the kitchen and get started on making these mouthwatering Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce. Your guests won’t be able to get enough!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you craving a hearty meal that’s easy to prepare and bursting with flavor? Look no further than these Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce. Trust me, once you try this recipe, you’ll want to make it again and again.
One reason why you’ll love this recipe is its versatility. You can swap out the meat for chicken, beef or even mushrooms if you’re a vegetarian. The sauce can also be customized to fit your preferences by using different types of wine or adding in some Parmesan cheese for a decadent touch. The possibilities are endless!
The second reason is the delicious taste of this dish. These chops are cooked to golden brown perfection with just the right amount of seasoning from black pepper and sea salt. The wine sauce adds a rich and savory depth to the meat that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. It’s perfect for impressing dinner guests or indulging in a satisfying home-cooked meal.
Finally, this recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a low-carb option without sacrificing flavor. With only 359 calories and ¼ teaspoon of carbs per serving, this is a guilt-free way to enjoy a comforting and delicious meal.
In conclusion, there are countless reasons why Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce should be your go-to dinner recipe. From its versatility to its mouth-watering taste, it’s a no-brainer choice for anyone looking to satisfy their cravings with minimal effort required. So what are you waiting for? Head to the kitchen and give it a try today!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce Recipe:
Boneless pork chops:
You’ll need 6 boneless pork chops with a thickness of 1 inch.
To season the pork chops, you’ll need 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
You’ll need 2 tablespoons of olive oil for cooking the pork chops on a skillet over high heat until they’re golden brown.
The wine sauce recipe requires:
- Red wine: Use 3/4 cup of red wine for the wine sauce as it gives an acidic and bold taste to the dish.
- Butter: Use 2 tablespoons of butter for richness and flavor.
- Cornstarch: Use 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to thicken the wine sauce.
- Minced garlic: Use minced garlic cloves to add a savory and aromatic taste to the wine sauce.
- Shallot: Use 1 finely chopped shallot for sweetness and nutty flavor.
- White mushrooms: You’ll need 8 ounces of sliced white mushrooms that will give a meaty texture to your sauce.
- Chicken broth: The chicken broth will dilute the sauce if it’s too thick. You can use 3/4 cup of chicken broth for this recipe.
- Creamy mushroom soup: Use 1/2 cup of canned golden mushroom soup to thicken and add creaminess to your wine mushroom sauce.
These ingredients create a flavorful wine sauce that brings out the umami flavors in the dish.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you know why this recipe is a crowd-pleaser, let’s get started with the cooking process. Here’s how you’ll make my Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce Recipe:
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- Seasoned salt and ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 3/4 cup golden mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup red or white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- First, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the pork chops with seasoned salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork chops and cook for about three minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Next, transfer the chops to a baking dish and set them aside.
- To prepare the sauce, melt butter in the same skillet used to cook the pork chops for added flavor.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until onion is tender and transparent.
- Pour in white wine or chicken broth, golden mushroom soup, and red or white wine to make the sauce mixture.
- Mix cornstarch and water together until smooth, then stir into the sauce mixture.
- Mix everything well and bring sauce mixture to a boil while continuously stirring it.
- Remove from heat once sauce has thickened enough.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the pork chops in baking dish ensuring that they’re coated evenly with the sauce.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pork has cooked through and reaches proper internal temperature.
- Once done, let the chops rest for a few minutes, serve and enjoy!
This recipe is perfect served with your favorite vegetables and sides. You can also substitute different ingredients and adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
So go ahead, give this recipe a try and impress yourself and your family with Parmesan encrusted golden pork chops in wine sauce that they’ll love.
Substitutions and Variations
I understand that everyone has different tastes and dietary needs, so here are some substitutions and variations for the Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce recipe.
– You can use bone-in pork chops instead of boneless. The cooking time will be longer, though, so make sure to adjust accordingly.
– If you’re looking for a low-carb option, try using parmesan cheese instead of the cornstarch to dredge the pork chops. It’ll give them a nice crispy coating without any carbs.
– If you don’t have red wine on hand, you can substitute it with marsala wine or port wine. These wines are also great for cooking and will add a different depth of flavor to the dish.
– For a creamy mushroom sauce, add ¼ cup of heavy cream or sour cream to the sauce at the end. This will make the sauce thicker and creamier.
– If you want to make this dish even healthier, use olive oil instead of butter. You can also use white cooking wine instead of red wine to reduce calories and fat.
– If you’re not a fan of mushrooms, you can skip them altogether or replace them with other veggies like bell peppers or zucchini.
– Another variation is adding barbecue sauce into your recipe ingredients, mix it with red wine and create a tangy flavor for your pork chops.
Feel free to experiment with different ingredients until you find the perfect combination that suits your taste buds best!
Serving and Pairing
This savory Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce recipe is already a crowd-pleaser with its rich flavors, but pairing it with the right side dish will make your meal even more indulgent. Here are some of my recommendations for sides that perfectly complement this dish:
1. Creamy mashed potatoes: The smooth and buttery texture of the mashed potatoes combined with the hearty taste of pork is a classic pairing. Don’t forget to pour some extra wine sauce on top!
2. Grilled vegetables: A light and refreshing side dish is the perfect contrast to balance the savory taste of the pork chops. Brush some olive oil, salt, and pepper on mixed vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, and eggplants then grill them until tender.
3. Sauteed mushrooms: If you’re a fan of mushroom sauce, why not double up? Sauteed mushrooms provide an extra dose of umami flavor and work beautifully alongside Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce.
4. Risotto: If you’re feeling fancy, go for creamy and comforting risotto as a side. Its richness goes hand-in-hand with this indulgent dish.
As for wine pairing, it’s no surprise that red wine complements this recipe best since we’re cooking with red wine as one of our key ingredients. However, for a fresher take on pairing, I suggest trying a nice dry white wine like Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc to cut through the richness of the sauce. Whatever you choose to pair with it, sit back, relax and enjoy your delicious Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
If you’re looking to make this recipe ahead of time, you’re in luck! These golden pork chops in wine sauce taste just as good (if not better) reheated the next day.
To make-ahead: Cook the pork chops according to the recipe instructions, cool them down and then transfer them to a tight-lid container before popping them in the fridge. Store the wine sauce separately, also tightly covered.
To reheat: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Spoon some of the wine sauce into an oven-safe dish and place your cold pork chops on top. Cover with foil and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the pork chops are heated through. Alternatively, you could reheat them on a stovetop using a skillet over low heat.
To store: Keep any leftover pork chops or wine sauce in separate airtight containers in the fridge. The pork should last up to 3-4 days, while the sauce may last up to 5 days.
If you’re wondering whether this recipe is freezer-friendly – yes it is! You can store your cooked pork chops and sauce together in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
To prevent any sogginess or drying out when defrosting/reheating, I recommend taking out your desired amount of chopped meat/sauce from the freezer and letting it sit in the fridge overnight. This will gradually thaw everything out without ruining any flavors or textures.
In summary, whether you’re cooking for meal prep or simply have leftovers, these golden pork chops in wine sauce can easily be made ahead of time, stored and reheated without compromising on taste or texture!
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure your golden pork chops in wine sauce recipe turns out perfectly every time, follow these tips:
1. Don’t overcook the pork chops: Overcooked pork chops can turn tough and dry. To avoid this, cook the chops just until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
2. Properly season the pork chops: A well-seasoned pork chop is integral to this recipe’s success. Be generous with the salt and pepper, or use a seasoned salt for extra flavor.
3. Use a heavy-bottomed skillet: A heavy-bottomed skillet will help distribute heat evenly and prevent hot spots that can cause burning.
4. Let the pork chops rest before slicing: Giving the cooked pork chops a few minutes to rest allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in tender and juicy meat.
5. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch: Cornstarch is a great thickening agent that doesn’t add any flavor to the sauce. Mix it with cold water or broth before adding it to the sauce to prevent lumps.
By following these tips, you’re sure to create a tasty and impressive dinner that will leave your guests begging for more.
In conclusion, the Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce recipe is one that you should try in your kitchen. With its blend of flavors and easy-to-follow instructions, this dish is sure to become a new favorite. The combination of juicy pork chops, mushroom sauce, and wine make for an irresistible meal that is perfect for any occasion.
What’s more, you can easily customize the recipe to your liking by substituting ingredients or using variations suggested in the article. Whether you’re looking for a low-carb option or prefer a creamier sauce, there are plenty of ways to personalize this recipe.
In addition to being delicious, this dish is also a great way to impress guests at dinner parties or enjoy with your family on a weeknight. And with tips on serving and pairing, make-ahead options, and more provided in the article, you’ll have all the information you need to create an unforgettable meal.
So why not give the Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce recipe a try? With its golden brown chops and rich wine sauce, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone asking for the recipe.
Golden Pork Chops in Wine Sauce Recipe
- 400 g boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ranch barbecue sauce
- 60 g parmesan cheese, grated
- Sear the chops in olive oil for 5 minutes on both sides over medium heat. Remove from the pan and set aside. Reserve the oil in the pan where they were fried.
- Add the butter to the oil which cooked chops. Sprinkle with cornstarch and let it brown stirring constantly. Add red wine and a little water, mix well, reduce the heat and cook for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly creamy. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix well Ranch BBQ sauce with the grated Parmesan cheese. Make a paste and put equal portions of the mixture on the chops.
- Return the chops to the pan with sauce and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 200°C until tender and golden.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You