Welcome to my kitchen, where I am always looking for delicious and healthy recipes to share with my friends and family. Today, I would like to introduce you to my low-fat wine sauced chicken recipe that will delight your taste buds without compromising your health.
Are you tired of eating dry chicken breasts that lack flavor? If so, my wine sauced chicken recipe is just what you need. This recipe combines the richness of tomato sauce, the sweetness of white wine, and the freshness of garlic and onion to create a mouthwatering sauce that will elevate your chicken dish to a whole new level.
Moreover, this recipe is low in fat and calories, making it ideal for those who want to indulge in a delicious dinner without packing on unnecessary pounds. With my wine sauced chicken recipe, you can enjoy a fulfilling and satisfying meal that won’t leave you feeling guilty.
So, let’s heat up our kitchen and get cooking! Follow along with me as I show you how to create this flavorful dish.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious dinner entree that won’t sabotage your healthy eating goals, this low-fat wine-sauced chicken recipe is perfect for you. With its flavorful and creamy white wine sauce, this dish is sure to be a hit with everyone at the dinner table.
Not only is this recipe easy to make, but it is also incredibly versatile. You can serve it alongside your favorite side vegetables over a bed of pasta or mashed potatoes. The chicken breasts are boneless and skinless, making them an excellent option for anyone watching their weight.
This low-calorie delicious dinner entree will delight your taste buds without leaving you feeling guilty about what you eat. Additionally, if you are following the Weight Watchers diet plan, this chicken recipe may be added to your meal plan as it is low in fat and calories.
The sauce ingredients include dry white wine, chicken broth, mushrooms, garlic cloves, onion, and dried basil. The combination of flavors creates a savory taste that will tantalize your taste buds. If you prefer something fancier, add cream cheese or marsala wine to the sauce.
Overall, this recipe is an excellent option for anyone who loves hearty meals that won’t leave them feeling too stuffed or guilty. So why not try it out tonight? You won’t regret it!
Here’s the list of the ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
Note: This recipe can also be made with boneless skinless chicken thighs, which are a great alternative if you want to switch up the protein or if you prefer dark meat. You can also use mushroom sauce instead of tomato sauce for a different flavor profile.
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Clean and Trim
Pat the boneless skinless chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Trim off any visible fat.
Step 2: Season
Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Step 3: Dredge
Dredge both sides of chicken breasts in all-purpose flour, shaking off any excess.
Cooking the Chicken
Step 4: Brown the Chicken
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Making the Wine Sauce
Step 5: Saute the Onion and Garlic
Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic cloves and chopped onion, and saute, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
Step 6: Add the Tomato Sauce and Wine
Stir in tomato sauce, dry red wine, and dried basil leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover the pan partially and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 7: Finish with a Creamy Touch (Optional)
To make a creamy version, add half a cup of heavy cream into tomato-wine sauce after it simmers for 10 minutes,. Stir well; then let simmer for another minute or two.
Step 8. Serve with sauced chicken
Serve your beautifully sauced chicken on top of pasta, mashed potatoes or rice, poured with hot homemade mushroom sauce or some creamy white wine sauce. This easy low calorie delicious dinner entree is also great when served aside a fresh salad or some steamed side vegetables, enjoyed in bed of Jasmine rice.
Substitutions and Variations
One of the great things about cooking is that it allows you to get creative with ingredients and flavor combinations. In case you want to adjust the recipe to fit your preferences, here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Instead of broiler-fryer chicken, use boneless skinless chicken breasts. You can either cut them horizontally in half to end up with thinner pieces, or pound them with a meat tenderizer to ensure even thickness. This will make the chicken cook faster and absorb more flavor from the sauce.
– For the white wine sauce, you can also use a dry red wine such as Merlot, Pinot Noir, or Cabernet Sauvignon.
– If you prefer a creamier sauce, add 2 tablespoons of cream cheese or heavy cream at the end and stir until fully melted.
– Want to turn this into a mushroom chicken recipe? Sauté some sliced mushrooms along with minced garlic in olive oil until browned and tender. Add them to the saucepan after removing the chicken and let them simmer for a few minutes until heated through and soft. You can also use dried porcini mushrooms rehydrated in hot water for extra earthy flavor.
– If you’re watching your fat intake, omit the olive oil and butter altogether and just use cooking spray instead. You won’t get the same level of richness in your sauce, but it will still taste great.
– To give this dish an Italian twist, replace the tomato sauce with pasta sauce and sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top before serving. This works especially well if you’re planning to serve it over pasta or mashed potatoes instead of on its own.
– For a mushroom wine version, use 1 cup of dry white wine and 2 cups of mushroom broth instead of chicken broth. Add minced garlic along with chopped mushrooms in a skillet until cooked. Then add red pepper flakes if desired then pour white wine sauce mixture. Let it simmer for 10 minutes then serve.
Whichever way you choose to make this wine sauce chicken, make sure to taste and adjust the seasoning as you go. Cooking is all about having fun and experimenting, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make this recipe your own.
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing, this Wine Sauced Chicken recipe is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed in many ways. It can be served hot straight from the skillet or even chilled for a cold summer salad.
For a hearty meal, serve this sauce chicken on a bed of fluffy mashed potatoes or with your favorite pasta. Its sauce, which is made of tomato sauce, dry red wine, garlic cloves, dried basil, and onions, complements the creaminess of mashed potatoes or the richness of pasta.
If you prefer something lighter and healthier, pair it with a side salad or roasted vegetables. The chicken’s delicate flavor pairs wonderfully with light and peppery greens like arugula or spinach. You can also serve it with roasted vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots for added textures and flavors.
For wine pairing, since the recipe already calls for both dry red and white wines, you can simply serve either one with your meal. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc would be an excellent choice if you’re looking for something refreshing to balance out the creamy flavors of the dish. If you prefer red wine instead, Pinot Noir is an excellent option as it is light to medium-bodied and fruit-forward.
Ultimately, this Wine Sauced Chicken recipe’s versatility makes it a great dish for any occasion. Whether it’s for a casual weeknight dinner or a fancy dinner party with friends, this delicious entree will surely impress your guests with its fantastic taste and excellent pairings.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This chicken white wine sauce recipe can easily be made ahead of time and stored for later use. Any leftovers can be reheated for a quick and tasty meal.
For make-ahead, prepare the chicken and wine sauce as per instructions, then let it cool completely. Store the chicken and wine sauce in separate airtight containers in the fridge for up to 2 days.
When you’re ready to serve, reheat the chicken in the oven or microwave until heated through. Reheat the wine sauce in a saucepan on low heat, stirring constantly until heated through.
If you have any leftover wine sauce, it can also be stored separately in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month. When reheating, add a splash of wine or chicken broth to thin out the sauce, as it may have thickened while being stored.
This recipe is very versatile and can be served with a variety of sides like mashed potatoes, pasta, or roasted vegetables. You can also serve this creamy white wine sauce with other proteins like steak, pork chops or fish.
Overall, this chicken white wine sauce recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or entertaining guests as you can easily make it ahead of time and reheated when you’re ready to serve without sacrificing any flavor!
Tips for Perfect Results
To achieve a perfectly cooked low-fat wine sauced chicken dish, there are some tips and tricks that can help elevate the flavors and textures of the meal. Here are some practical tips:
1. Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts – Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are lean and cook quickly, making them an ideal option for a healthy recipe like this one.
2. Don’t overcook the chicken – Overcooking the chicken can make it tough, dry and rubbery in texture. Cook the chicken just until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F or until no longer pink inside.
3. Sear the chicken before cooking it in the sauce – Searing helps the outside of the meat get crispy, adding a ton of flavor to the recipe. Heat about two tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Season your chicken with salt and pepper before searing it for about 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Add cream cheese to the sauce – If you’re looking to add extra creaminess to your sauce, try stirring in some cream cheese at the end of cooking time. The result will be an ultra-luxurious, creamy white wine sauce that pairs perfectly with the tender chicken.
5. Pair with mashed potatoes or pasta – This delicious dinner entree can be served with a side of vegetables or enjoyed on a bed of pasta or mashed potatoes or even mushroom sauce.
By following these simple tips, you’ll create an easy low-calorie and delicious meal featuring perfectly cooked chicken and a wine sauce perfect for any occasion!
In conclusion, the Low Fat Wine Sauced Chicken Recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves delicious and healthy food. This recipe is not only easy to make but also low in calories and fat, making it perfect for those watching their weight or following a weight watchers program.
By using boneless skinless chicken breasts in combination with garlic, onion, tomato sauce and dry white wine, this recipe produces a flavorful wine sauce that will impress even the most discerning of palates. Moreover, with some simple substitutions and variations, you can easily tweak this recipe to fit your taste.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is very versatile when it comes to serving and pairing. Whether you are looking for a delicious dinner entree served with side vegetables or enjoyed over a bed of pasta, mashed potatoes or mushroom sauce, this chicken white wine sauce recipe has got you covered.
So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today and discover for yourself why it is so popular among cooking enthusiasts. I guarantee that it will be an instant hit with your family and friends, and you will come back to it again and again as one of your go-to dishes.
Low Fat Wine Sauced Chicken Recipe
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Heat oven th 375.
- Tie and skewer chicken, if desired.
- Place the chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered an hour or more, if needed, until the juices run clear.
- Remove the skin and throw it away.
- Then, mix the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring on occasion, then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes and serve over the chicken.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You