Are you tired of the same old salad dressings? Do you crave something new and exciting to spice up your greens? Look no further than this easy to make red wine vinaigrette recipe that combines red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and a seasoning blend to create a little sweetness and irresistible taste. This delicious and versatile dressing can be used in a variety of ways, from drizzling over salads to using as a marinade for meats. And with just five simple ingredients, it’s easy to whip up in minutes.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s gather our ingredients and get started on making this homemade red wine vinaigrette that will take your salad game to the next level!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for an easy and delicious vinaigrette recipe that you can whip up in just 5 minutes? Look no further than this simple red wine vinaigrette recipe! With just a handful of ingredients and minimal prep time, this dressing is the perfect way to add some zing to any salad or grilled protein.
What makes this wine vinaigrette so special is its balance of sweet and tangy flavors. The red wine vinegar provides just enough acidity to wake up your taste buds, while the addition of sugar brings a little sweetness to the mix. And let’s not forget about the dijon mustard- its sharpness complements the other flavors perfectly.
This versatile dressing pairs well with so many different dishes. Use it as a topping for a Greek salad with feta cheese and kalamata olives. Drizzle it over grilled chicken or pork for an extra burst of flavor. Mix it with some mayo for a quick sandwich spread. The possibilities are endless!
With homemade dressings, you can also ensure that you’re using high-quality, healthy ingredients – something that pre-packaged options often lack. Plus, making your own dressings allows you to customize them to your taste preferences.
So next time you’re in need of a quick and delicious homemade salad dressing, give this easy red wine vinaigrette recipe a try. I guarantee you won’t regret it!
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this easy red wine vinaigrette recipe:
Vinaigrette Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Olive Oil Seasoning
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
The ingredients for this vinaigrette combine the bold and tangy flavors of red wine vinegar, dijon mustard and dried mustard, with a little sweetness from the sugar to create a deliciously versatile dressing. The olive oil seasoning adds richness to the vinaigrette and a lovely texture to any dish. All together they create a fantastic homemade red wine vinaigrette that can be whipped up in just minutes.
The Recipe How-To
Before starting with the recipe, make sure all the ingredients are available. This helps in ensuring a smooth and hassle-free cooking experience. Listed below are the ingredients for Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Once the ingredients are ready, start combining them as per the instruction listed below:
- In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and sugar.
- Gradually add in olive oil while whisking to create an emulsion.
- Season it with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste.
Make sure that all ingredients are well-combined by stirring continuously. It is important to make sure that there are no lumps present in the mixture.
Taste and Adjust
Taste the vinaigrette and adjust it according to personal preference. If it’s too tart, add a pinch more sugar; if it’s too sweet, add more vinegar.
The versatile vinaigrette can be paired with a variety of salads or used as a marinade for meats such as chicken, turkey or beef. Store it in an air-tight container and refrigerate up to two weeks.
Substitutions and Variations
If you want to experiment with the flavors of this red wine vinaigrette recipe, there are many variations and substitutions you can make. Here are some ideas to get you started:
– Vinegar: If you don’t have red wine vinegar on hand, you can substitute it with white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar. However, keep in mind that each type of vinegar will bring a different flavor to the dressing.
– Oil: Extra-virgin olive oil is our preference for this recipe because of its fruity flavor and healthy fats, but other oils like avocado oil, vegetable oil or canola oil will work too.
– Mustard: Dijon mustard brings tanginess and emulsifies the dressing so it doesn’t separate. You can substitute dijon mustard with honey mustard, wholegrain mustard or regular mustard if that’s what you have at home.
– Sugar: We use sugar to balance the acidity of the vinegar and provide a little sweetness to the dressing. However, if you prefer your vinaigrette more savory than sweet, you can omit the sugar or replace it with honey, maple syrup or agave.
– Garlic and onion powder: These two ingredients add depth of flavor to the dressing. If you don’t have them on hand, you can substitute them with finely grated fresh garlic and onion.
– Herbs: This basic red wine vinaigrette recipe is versatile enough to handle any herb combination you like. Try adding fresh basil, thyme or oregano for an Italian-inspired flavor profile.
Remember that every substitution will affect the final taste of your vinaigrette. Don’t hesitate to try different combinations until you find your favorite one.
Serving and Pairing
This red wine vinaigrette is an all-around versatile dressing. It can be paired with a variety of salads and dishes to add a little sweetness and tanginess. It’s not overpowering, so it enhances the natural taste of any dish that you choose to serve it with.
I like to drizzle this dressing over a classic Greek salad or mix it in with some roasted broccoli florets. The acidity and subtle sweetness of the dressing complement the salty feta cheese and the briny olives in the salad. It adds a well-balanced flavor that makes for a delicious and refreshing meal.
This easy red wine vinaigrette is also suitable for chicken recipes. You can use it as a marinade by mixing it with olive oil and Dijon mustard, and let the chicken soak in it for a few hours before cooking. Once you grill or bake the chicken, you’ll find that it has captured all the flavors of the vinaigrette. Pair it with a side of roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
Moreover, this dressing pairs exceptionally well with white wine sauce or pasta dishes with tomato-based sauces. The acidity of the dressing complements the sweet notes in these sauces, creating a delightful balance of flavors.
For wine pairing, opt for a red wine that mirrors the flavor profile of your food. This dressing combines red wine vinegar and red wine, which makes it an ideal pairing for red wines such as Pinot Noir or Merlot. These two wines have fruity notes that will make the sweetness of the dressing pop more.
In summary, this easy red wine vinaigrette is deliciously versatile and perfect for several salad recipes or chicken dishes. The vinegar-oil seasoning combination mixed with a little sweetness makes it a perfect fit for any salad recipe while complementing food like pasta dishes, roasted vegetables, or meat delicacies. Enjoy experimenting and trying new ways to incorporate this vinaigrette into your meals!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now that you have made this delicious and easy red wine vinaigrette, you may want to know how to store it and reheat it.
First of all, this vinaigrette is a great make-ahead recipe. You can whip up a batch in just 5 minutes, and it will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container, such as a mason jar or a dressing bottle.
When storing the vinaigrette, be sure to give it a good shake before using it again as the ingredients may settle over time. If you find that the vinaigrette has separated or thickened in the fridge, simply let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before giving it another good shake or whisk.
If you want to reheat the vinaigrette before using it, transfer it to a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds, or until warm. Be sure not to overheat the vinaigrette as this can cause the oil to break down and ruin the flavor.
Another option is to add additional oil and vinegar if needed when reheating if you find that the consistency is too thick or clumpy.
This versatile dressing is perfect for meal prep purposes, especially if you enjoy making salads throughout the week or need something quick and easy for marinades or dipping sauces. Simply double or triple the recipe ingredients as needed, then store them in smaller portions so they are ready whenever you need them.
In summary, this easy red wine vinaigrette recipe is not only delicious but also convenient to make ahead of time and store for later use. So don’t hesitate to experiment with different salad recipes or salad dressings using this sweet vinaigrette as a base ingredient.
Tips for Perfect Results
Creating a delicious red wine vinaigrette requires more than just following the recipe. Here are some tips to make sure you get perfect results every time:
1. Use high-quality ingredients: When it comes to dressings, the taste of each ingredient has the potential to shine through. So, to make sure that your easy red wine vinaigrette tastes its best, use high-quality ingredients like extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar.
2. Stick to the recipe: Although it can be tempting to add your own unique flavor twist, for best resting a classic recipe can never go wrong. Use the exact measurements and ingredients suggested in the recipe.
3. Use a good quality blender or whisk: A blender can help emulsify all of the ingredients together so they combine into one smooth dressing. Hand whisking, on the other hand, will require more elbow grease so be sure to whisk thoroughly.
4. Season well: A good red wine vinaigrette will need plenty of salt and pepper to bring out its delicate flavors. Add them gradually adjusting according to your taste, but don’t overdo it.
5. Pair appropriately: Wine vinaigrettes is known for their versatility when it comes to pairing with food items particularly salads but not limited to them. While it’s tasty with most salads, consider tweaking it slightly when you use it in white meat like chicken to make a sweet tangy marinade or added it as white wine sauce.
By following these simple tips, you can create a perfect easy red wine vinaigrette every time that is both sweet and tangy, making your salad or your meal perfect!
Before we wrap up, let’s address some of the frequently asked questions about this easy red wine vinaigrette recipe. Understanding how to make substitutions and storeroom tricks will give you more variety for your taste buds. Let’s get started!
What is red wine vinaigrette made of?
A dressing that is both satisfying and versatile can be made by mixing red wine vinegar with oil, sweeteners and seasoning. This dressing is known as Red Wine Vinaigrette.
What is the most basic formula for making a vinaigrette?
Creating a classic French vinaigrette is simple, requiring a 1:3 ratio of vinegar to olive oil. It’s worth mentioning that modern vinaigrettes often contain slightly more vinegar, but one’s individual preferences ultimately dictate the amount of each ingredient to be used.
What is the secret to making a good vinaigrette dressing?
When it comes to making vinaigrettes, there’s a crucial ratio you should never forget – 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar. With this knowledge, you won’t need to check a vinaigrette recipe ever again. However, depending on the type of vinegar, the ratio might need some modification to cater to your taste buds.
In conclusion, this simple and easy recipe for red wine vinaigrette is a must-try. The combination of red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil seasoning with a little sweetness from the sugar, makes this vinaigrette a deliciously versatile dressing that can be used for salads or as a marinade.
Not only does it take only minutes to make, but it’s also healthier than many store-bought salad dressings that are packed with unhealthy preservatives and additives. When you make your own homemade vinaigrette recipes, you know exactly what goes into it, and can control the amount of salt or sugar according to your taste.
Furthermore, this dressing pairs well with a variety of dishes, including chicken recipes, greek salads or as a white wine sauce for fish. Its sweet tangy flavor can complement any meal or make any appetizer pop! Impress your guests by serving them homemade red wine vinaigrette salad dressings at your next dinner party.
In conclusion, this easy red wine vinaigrette recipe is a game-changer when it comes to elevating your cooking game. It’s not only healthier but also versatile and quick to make. Add it to your favorite salad recipes or use it as a marinade for grilled chicken!
I hope you enjoy making and serving this delicious red wine vinaigrette dressing at your next meal.
Simple Red Wine Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/2 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit at room temperature until sugar is dissolved, mixing occasionaly.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You