Welcome food lovers! Have you ever wanted to impress your guests with a restaurant-quality dish but didn’t want to spend hours in the kitchen? Well, look no further because I have the perfect recipe for you – Chicken in Sparkling Wine.
This dish may sound fancy and complicated, but trust me, it’s incredibly easy to make. The result is a juicy, flavor-packed chicken breast with a creamy champagne sauce that will leave you and your guests licking their plates clean.
Plus, this recipe is versatile, making it perfect for both casual weeknight dinners and elegant dinner parties. And the best part? You only need one pan to make it!
So grab a bottle of your favorite sparkling wine, put on some music and let’s get cooking!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you why you will absolutely adore this chicken in sparkling wine recipe. Firstly, the ingredients are simple yet flavorful. You’ll be using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and white sparkling wine to create an intricate blend of flavors.
Secondly, the cooking process is a breeze! You’ll be able to pull off this recipe even if you’re an amateur cook. With a few simple steps to follow, such as searing the chicken and then simmering it with the wine sauce, your taste buds are guaranteed to have an amazing culinary experience.
Thirdly and most importantly, this recipe produces a creamy yet light champagne sauce that is perfect for pairing with a side of potatoes or mashed potatoes. You can even pair it with pasta or roasted vegetables for a healthy option.
If you’re looking for a dish that’s easy and quick to make but also elegant with flavors that will leave you wanting more, then look no further than this creamy champagne chicken recipe. Trust me; your family and friends will love it too.
Here is a complete list of ingredients you will need to make this sparkling wine chicken recipe:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts: boneless and cut horizontally into 4 fillets.
- 1/2 cup purpose flour: for coating the chicken.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper: for seasoning the chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter for frying the chicken.
- ½ cup dry white wine: use a good-quality white wine for delicious results.
- 2 cups fresh sparkling white or champagne wine: Use the best quality that you can afford, as it makes a big difference in taste.
- 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter: For making the white wine sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Ingredients for mushrooms: 2 large chicken breasts, sliced mushrooms, garlic, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Optional item: heavy cream
With these ingredients, you can make a delicious and elegant meal that is perfect for special occasions or dinner parties.
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s dive into the main event: cooking our Chicken in Sparkling Wine recipe! This dish is full of flavor and perfect for a fancy dinner or a cozy night in. Follow these simple steps to make the magic happen.
To Make the Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally to make four fillets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 2 cups sparkling white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Freshly chopped basil
Step 1: Prepare the Chicken
Begin by seasoning the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper on both sides. Dredge the chicken breasts thoroughly in the all-purpose flour, making sure each piece is fully coated.
Step 2: Sear the Chicken
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and cook for about a minute until fragrant. Place chicken breasts into skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides. This should take about 6 minutes each side.
Step 3: Cook the Sparkling Wine Sauce
In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for about a minute until fragrant. Pour in sparkling white wine, salt and black pepper to taste. Allow simmering until reduced by half – this should take about 10 minutes..
Add heavy cream to pan and continue cooking until sauce thickens slightly – this should take another 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in freshly chopped basil.
Step 4: Serve
Arrange the seared chicken breasts onto a serving plate or individual plates, then top each piece with the sparkling wine sauce. Serve hot with some roasted potatoes and cherry tomatoes on the side.
This dish is sure to impress your guests, or simply delight your taste buds while enjoying a quiet evening in.
Substitutions and Variations
There are few substitutions and variations you can try with the recipe of Chicken in Sparkling Wine to experiment with its taste and texture. Here are some of them:
– Mushrooms: If you’re not a fan of mushrooms, you can leave them out or replace them with chopped bell peppers or carrots for an extra crunch.
– Cream: The heavy cream in the recipe can be substituted with half-and-half cream, Greek yogurt, or coconut milk to make the dish healthier.
– Wine: Instead of using white sparkling wine, you can use white wine or champagne to make the dish a bit bubbly.
– Potatoes and Tomatoes: The potatoes and cherry tomatoes can be swapped with any other vegetable that could complement creamy chicken. Some options include asparagus, broccoli, sweet potatoes, or green beans.
– Butter: While butter tends to give a rich flavor to the sauce, you can use olive oil instead or stick to margarine if you want a lighter option.
– Herbs: Adding fresh herbs like rosemary or tarragon would give more depth of flavor to the dish. If you don’t have any fresh herbs, dried herbs will work too.
– Spice Level: Feel free to adjust the spice level by adding a little bit of crushed red pepper flakes or chili powder
These substitutions could result in remarkable new flavors that will match well when serving alongside mashed potatoes or even crispy chicken. Just remember that each substitution may alter the taste and consistency of the final product slightly. So, experiment wisely until finding your perfect variation.
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving chicken in sparkling wine, there are several options that pair well with this delightful dish.
For a light and refreshing option, I recommend serving the chicken with a simple green salad dressed in vinaigrette. The acidity in the salad will pair perfectly with the white wine sauce, while the fresh vegetables will help balance out the creaminess of the chicken.
Alternatively, you could opt for roasted potatoes and cherry tomatoes as a side dish. The roasted vegetables add a depth of flavor to the dish, while the potatoes make for a satisfying and filling accompaniment.
A fresh baguette or garlic bread would also complement this dish nicely. The bread soaks up the rich champagne sauce beautifully, providing a perfect blend of textures and flavors.
For wine pairing, you can either serve it with a crisp white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, or continue with the sparkling theme by serving it with champagne or prosecco. The effervescence of the sparkling wine works nicely with the creamy texture of the chicken.
Overall, there are many ways to serve and pair chicken in sparkling wine. Whether you choose to keep it simple or get creative, this dish is sure to impress your guests!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
You can easily make this chicken in sparkling wine recipe ahead of time, perfect for those busy weeknights or entertaining guests. To prepare ahead, follow the recipe until step 4 and let the chicken cool completely. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
To reheat, preheat your oven to 350°F. Place the chicken in an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
If you have leftover white wine sauce, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place it in a saucepan over low heat and stir occasionally until heated through.
The potatoes and cherry tomatoes can also be prepared ahead of time, but they are best served fresh. Reheat in the oven, covered with foil for a few minutes or microwave for one minute, uncovered.
This chicken dish is great as leftovers too! Store any remaining chicken and white wine sauce separately in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days. When ready to eat again, simply reheat following the instructions above.
With these make-ahead and storage tips, you can have a delicious chicken in sparkling wine dinner on hand whenever you need it.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure that you get the best possible taste and texture for your chicken in sparkling wine recipe, here are some useful tips that you can follow:
1. Use fresh ingredients: Always use fresh vegetables, herbs, and chicken to get the best flavor.
2. Cut the chicken in equal sizes: To cook the chicken evenly, make sure that all the pieces are of equal size.
3. Use a heavy-bottomed skillet: A heavy-bottomed skillet will help distribute heat evenly and help prevent the sauce from burning.
4. Do not overcook the chicken: Overcooked chicken can turn dry and tough. Cook the chicken just until it’s no longer pink in the center, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Make sure to brown the chicken well: The brown color on the pan-fried chicken adds flavor to the dish.
6. Add wine slowly: When adding white wine or champagne in your recipe, add them slowly to prevent over-saturation of flavor.
7. Adjust seasoning: Taste while cooking and adjust seasoning according to your preference, adding more salt, pepper, or herbs if necessary.
8. Garnish generously: Garnishing your dish with fresh basil or parsley adds a nice touch of color and extra freshness to your dish.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your creamy champagne chicken dish will be perfect every time you make it!
In conclusion, this champagne chicken recipe is definitely worth trying. It’s a savory and succulent meal that will delight not just your taste buds but also your soul. The creamy champagne sauce that envelopes the chicken adds an elegant touch, making it a perfect dish for any special occasion or celebration.
The ingredients are simple, and the preparation is easy to follow even for beginners in the kitchen. Plus, you can easily make substitutions and variations to fit your preferences or what’s available in your pantry.
Pair this champagne chicken with some mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables to complete your meal. And don’t forget to pour yourself a glass of sparkling wine or champagne to complement the flavors of the dish.
Through this recipe, you can surprise your loved ones with something truly special and unforgettable. So why not give it a try and experience the luxurious taste of this creamy champagne chicken in your own home? I promise you won’t regret it.
Chicken in Sparkling Wine Recipe
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup sparkling wine
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 heads garlic, bulbs separated into cloves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into even-sized chunks
- 1 ounce butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 bunch fresh basil, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Place the chicken fillets in a large ovenproof dish. Toss with olive oil. A.
- dd the sparkling wine, lemon juice, lemon halves and garlic cloves. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the chicken dish. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Mash the potatoes with the butter and cream until smooth. Mix in the basil. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Serve the chicken dish warm from the oven with the basil mash.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You