Delicious Pasta Nom with White Wine Garlic Sauce and Chicken
Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dinner recipe that will impress your family and friends? Look no further than the Pasta Nom with White Wine Garlic Sauce and Chicken. This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy a hearty and filling meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
The combination of chicken, pasta, and creamy garlic sauce is sure to satisfy your craving for comfort food, while the addition of white wine and herbs gives it a sophisticated and elegant touch. Plus, with the option to add in your favorite vegetables, this dish is a great way to sneak in some extra nutrition.
Even if you’re not an experienced cook, don’t worry! This recipe is simple enough for beginners to follow along. With just a few basic ingredients and some easy preparation steps, you can have a fancy restaurant-quality meal on your table in no time.
So why settle for boring spaghetti when you can elevate your pasta game with this Pasta Nom recipe? Trust me, once you try it, it will become a regular in your dinner rotation.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a fan of pasta dishes but tired of the same old tomato sauce? Look no further than this amazing Pasta Nom recipe with White Wine Garlic Sauce and Chicken. You’re going to fall in love with the blend of flavors and textures that make this dish so special.
First, let’s talk about the white wine garlic sauce. This flavorful and rich sauce is made with a drizzle of white wine, butter, garlic cloves, and chicken stock that perfectly complement the boneless skinless chicken breasts. The sauce has a creamy texture that’s just right without being too heavy on the palate. The flavors are warm, comforting, and unforgettable.
The chicken complements the sauce and makes it the perfect dish for an evening meal. It’s easy to prepare as well since you only need boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces. And don’t worry if you don’t have white wine in your kitchen; we’ll go over some great substitutes in section five.
Finally, what really sets this recipe apart from others is pairing it with a variety of side dishes such as broccoli, cherry tomatoes or even baked chicken. It’s incredibly versatile and can be customized based on your preference.
With so much flavor packed into one dish, this will be your new go-to recipe for dinner parties or family gatherings. Trust me, once you try our Pasta Nom with White Wine Garlic Sauce and Chicken recipe, you won’t want to make anything else!
Here are all the ingredients you need to make this flavorful pasta dish.
Pasta: You can use any type of pasta you like, but for this recipe, we recommend using penne pasta which will hold the sauce well.
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: Cut into thin strips, boneless skinless chicken breasts are used in this recipe to add protein and texture to the dish.
Olive Oil: Used for sautéing the chicken and shallots, olive oil gives a delicious flavor to the dish.
Garlic Cloves: Finely chopped garlic cloves give a lovely aroma to the pasta dish.
Butter: Two tablespoons of butter is added to create a creamy and smooth sauce.
White Wine: White wine is one of the main ingredients in this sauce. It adds flavor and helps deglaze the pan after sautéing the chicken.
Chicken Stock: One cup of chicken stock is added to mix with white wine which helps to create a rich and savory sauce.
Tomato Paste: Tomato paste provides a deeper flavor and adds richness and thickness to the pasta sauce.
Parmesan Cheese: A sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese adds nutty and salty flavor.
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s get to the most exciting part – making the pasta nom. This recipe requires skill and care but it’s worth all of the effort. Follow these step-by-step instructions to enjoy this mouth-watering dish.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, season the chicken with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and shallot; sauté for about a minute.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and stir well until any browned bits are scraped off.
- Add chicken stock, tomato paste, ½ cup of white wine, 1 tablespoon of olive oiland stir well.
- Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, until it thickens slightly.
- Return the chicken to the sauce in the pan and make sure it’s fully coated with the sauce.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes to allow the chicken to absorb the flavors of the sauce.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the chicken and sauce, and toss well until everything is combined.
- Serve hot, topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, cilantro or parsley.
Note: If you prefer a creamy garlic chicken pasta, you can add a 1/2 cup of cream to the sauce when adding the chicken stock.
Congratulations! You have successfully made this delicious pasta dish. Don’t forget to pair it with a glass of white wine to enhance its flavors further. Enjoy your meal!
Substitutions and Variations
One of the great things about this recipe for Pasta Nom with White Wine Garlic Sauce and Chicken is that it’s incredibly versatile. You can tweak and customize it to your heart’s content, depending on your mood and what ingredients you have on hand. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Chicken: If you don’t eat chicken or want a vegetarian option, you can replace it with firm tofu or seitan instead. Or, you can skip the protein altogether and add more veggies to make a lighter pasta dish.
– White wine: If you don’t have white wine on hand, you can substitute it with chicken broth or vegetable broth for a non-alcoholic version. You can also use red wine for a heartier flavor, or marsala wine for a sweeter taste.
– Garlic: If you’re not a fan of garlic, you can reduce or omit it from the recipe. Alternatively, if you love garlic, you can add more cloves or sprinkle some garlic powder on top.
– Herbs: The recipe calls for cilantro, parsley, basil, and oregano, but feel free to experiment with other herbs that tickle your fancy. Rosemary and thyme would be delicious in this dish.
– Cheese: While parmesan cheese is the classic choice for pasta dishes, you can switch it up with other types of cheese such as pecorino romano or feta cheese.
– Vegetables: You can add different greens to this dish like broccoli or spinach—both pair well with white wine and garlic flavors. Cherry tomatoes can offer a nice tangy pop of flavor too!
– Creamy version: If you want to create a creamier sauce then add 1-cup heavy cream to the recipe. Also consider adding lemon juice to balance out the flavors in the creamy sauce.
These are just a few suggestions – feel free to experiment and adapt the recipe to suit your own preferences.
Serving and Pairing
This Pasta Nom recipe featuring a creamy white wine garlic sauce and chicken is a well-rounded dish that is full of flavor. The pasta serves as an excellent base for the robust tasting chicken and garlicky sauce. But how do you serve this meal, and what can you pair it with?
When it comes to serving, presentation is key. The pasta should be plated first, topped with the chicken and sauce, and then finished off with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley, cilantro or basil. For added texture and color, you can add cherry tomatoes or broccoli to your plate. A glass of white wine would be the perfect accompaniment as the flavors complement each other to enhance the eating experience.
You can opt for a sauvignon blanc, which offers a fresh herbaceous taste complemented well by the garlic in the dish. Otherwise, a chardonnay would also work great, providing a rich nutty flavor that balances the creaminess of the sauce.
If you prefer beer over wine, you can try pairing this chicken pasta recipe with wheat beer or light lagers that offer crisp and refreshing flavors without overpowering the food elements’ subtlety.
Overall, having prepared this meal myself, I have found out that it’s an excellent option for both casual and formal events such as date nights with loved ones or dinner parties with family and friends. Its versatility makes it possible to pair it with many drinks in addition to white wine or beer- everyone can enjoy their preferred beverage while enjoying this delicious meal.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Pasta Nom with white wine garlic sauce and chicken is a great make-ahead meal that can easily be stored and reheated. The pasta itself can be cooked ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days before reheating.
To reheat, simply heat up some water in a pot and add the cold pasta to it. Let it cook for a minute or two until it warms up again. Then drain the water and toss the pasta with some olive oil and herbs to freshen up its flavor.
For the chicken, if cooked ahead of time, let it cool completely before transferring it into an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for up to four days.
When reheating the chicken, you’ll want to cut it into small pieces or slices so that it heats up evenly. You can reheat it using a microwave oven or on a pan with a little bit of oil, just enough to crisp up the edges. You can also add some extra white wine sauce to keep it moist and flavorful.
The sauce can also be stored separately in a tightly sealed jar or container in the refrigerator for up to five days. To reheat, simply add the sauce back into a pan with a tablespoon of butter or some chicken stock to bring back its creaminess and consistency.
Now you have your perfect make-ahead meal that you can store and reheat easily, whether you’re having guests over or just making enough for leftovers throughout the week.
Tips for Perfect Results
For the perfect results in making Pasta Nom with White Wine Garlic Sauce and Chicken, there are some tips that can help you achieve the best taste and texture for your dish. Here are some tips that I recommend:
1. Cook pasta al dente
Cook your pasta until it is firm to the bite rather than mushy. Making sure your pasta is still slightly firm will ensure a better texture for your dish.
2. Don’t overcook chicken
When cooking the chicken, make sure not to overcook it or else it will be dry and tough. The best way to check if your chicken is done is to use a meat thermometer – the temperature should be at 165°F (74°C).
3. Use high-quality white wine
This recipe calls for white wine, so it’s important to choose a high-quality one. Avoid using cooking wines or low-quality wines as they may leave unpleasant flavors in your dish.
4. Deglaze the pan with white wine
After sautéing the chicken, deglazing the pan with white wine will pick up all those brown bits from the bottom of the pan and infuse them into your sauce. This will add depth of flavor and richness to your dish.
5. Add sauce ingredients gradually
When adding the sauce ingredients, take your time and do it gradually while stirring constantly. This will ensure your sauce becomes smooth and creamy.
6. Adjust seasoning to taste
Taste test your dish as you go along and adjust seasoning as needed. You can add more garlic powder, pepper, or salt according to your taste preference.
Follow these tips, and I’m confident that you’ll be able to create a delicious Pasta Nom with White Wine Garlic Sauce and Chicken that will impress your family and guests alike!
Now, it’s time to answer some frequently asked questions about the Pasta Nom with White Wine Garlic Sauce and Chicken Recipe. These questions will help you make sure that your dish will come out perfectly and satisfy your taste buds. Let’s dive into the most common inquiries related to this recipe.
What does white wine do to pasta sauce?
Wine, whether red or white, is a perfect seasoning for tomato sauce with each type adding its unique taste. Red wine adds a rich and bold flavor, while white wine contributes a fruity essence. It’s best to add wine early into the cooking process and right after the vegetables have become soft to enhance the sauce’s overall taste.
What white wine to cook with chicken?
When it comes to choosing a wine to use in cooking, it’s always a good idea to have a reliable option on hand. Personally, I like to reach for either sauvignon blanc or chardonnay. While these two types of wine have their differences in terms of flavor profile, when used as ingredients, these differences become less apparent. Sauvignon blanc has a crisp and refreshing taste, while chardonnay is more full-bodied, but both work well as cooking wines due to their subtlety.
Does white wine tenderize chicken?
Wine is a versatile ingredient in cooking that can add depth and flavor to your dishes. Its acidic nature makes it a perfect tenderizing agent in marinades. Additionally, it can be used to create reduced sauces, deglaze pans and even act as a steaming liquid.
What white wines to use in pasta sauce?
When endeavoring to add more depth to your white wine pasta sauce, I would suggest utilizing an aromatic white variety such as Riesling, Vouvray, or Muscat. If preparing a pesto dish, opt for dry whites such as Gavi or Soave, while a light Chardonnay could also do the trick. By doing so, you’ll achieve a more intricate flavor profile that elevates the entire meal.
With the rich and creamy flavors of the white wine garlic sauce, this pasta dish is a complete crowd pleaser. The juicy and tender boneless skinless chicken breasts served alongside the perfectly cooked pasta will not only satisfy your stomach but also your taste buds.
Don’t hesitate to add more elements to the recipe such as broccoli, cherry tomatoes, or parmesan cheese sauce to make it even more mouth-watering. This dish is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a special celebration or a simple weeknight dinner with family.
As someone who enjoys cooking and experimenting with different flavors and textures, I highly recommend this pasta nom recipe. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can quickly whip up an impressive meal that will impress your guests without spending all day in the kitchen.
So next time you are wondering what to cook for dinner, give this white wine garlic pasta recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed, trust me. Happy cooking!
Pasta Nom (With White Wine Garlic Sauce and Chicken) Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bitesize pieces
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2-1 lb pasta, any type
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 vidalia onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- parmesan cheese
- Season chicken pieces thoroughly with salt, pepper and garlic powder and sauté in olive oil.
- Once browned, add 1/4 cup chicken stock and cover, cooking until chicken is cooked through and very tender. (5 minutes)
- In another sauté pan, soften garlic and onion over low heat, add red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken pieces (drained) and butter.
- Once butter has melted and mixture is simmering, add the wine, broth and tomato paste.
- Bring back to a simmer, add herbs to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and in another pan, boil your pasta in salted water.
- Drain pasta when cooked al dente and add to sauce, stirring to coat.
- Serve with a shake of parmesan cheese on top.
- Crusty bread would be a great addition to get that leftover sauce off of your plate!