Are you in search of the perfect dessert that will impress all of your guests? Look no further, because I have a recipe that will leave everyone talking – Pink Champagne Poke Cake!
This elegant and decadent cake is perfect for special occasions and celebrations. Its fluffy white cake base is soaked in a delicate pink champagne mixture, making every bite feel like a celebration. The cake is then topped off with a smooth and creamy champagne buttercream frosting that perfectly complements its light and fruity flavor.
This Pink Champagne Poke Cake is easy to make, even for those who are not skilled bakers! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a show-stopping dessert that will have everyone asking for seconds. And the best part? It’s versatile enough to be served on any occasion – birthdays, weddings, holidays, or just because!
So, grab your apron and mixing bowl and follow along as I guide you through the steps to make this delicious Pink Champagne Poke Cake recipe. Your taste buds (and guests) will thank you!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I know that there are countless poke cake recipes out there, but hear me out – this Pink Champagne Poke Cake is the ultimate dessert for celebrations! This luxurious dessert has everything you love about a flavorful, moist, and decadent cake. The best part? It’s dripping with Pink Champagne syrup that seeps into every crevice of the cake, adding an extra layer of richness to every bite.
Most importantly, it’s super easy to make using simple ingredients that you probably have lying around in your pantry. I guarantee that it will be a hit for any occasion – birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, graduations, or even just as a fun weekend treat. Trust me; this recipe is worth trying!
For the Cake:
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of pink champagne
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pink gel food coloring
For the Pink Champagne Poke:
- 2/3 cup of pink champagne
- 1 package (0.25 oz) of unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup of hot water
- 1/4 cup of cold water
For the Champagne Buttercream:
- 2 cups of unsalted butter, room temperature (4 sticks)
- 7 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of pink champagne (add more to adjust to taste)
Note: You can sprinkle some edible glitter on top for some extra sparkle!
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Make the Cake
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Butter and flour a 9×13 inch cake pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix together 1 box of white cake mix, 3 eggs, 1 cup of pink champagne, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
6. Remove from oven and let cool.
Step 2: Make the Pink Champagne Poke Mixture
7. In a small bowl, dissolve 2 teaspoons of unflavored gelatin in 1/4 cup of hot water.
8. Add 1/4 cup of cold water to the bowl and stir the mixture.
9. Stir in 1 cup of pink champagne until fully combined.
10. Add a few drops of pink gel food coloring until you achieve your desired shade of pink.
11. Using a fork, poke holes close together all over the top of the cooled cake.
Step 3: Pour Over Creamy Strawberry Filling
12. In another small bowl, whisk together one package (3 ounces) strawberry jello and 1/2 cup boiling water until dissolved.
13. Add in ice cube then stir to combine or add cold water with strawberry liqueur then stir to combine
14. Pour mixture over cake, aiming for holes first.
15. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight so that the jello will set.
Step 4: Make the Champagne Buttercream Frosting
16. To make frosting beat creamy butter and powdered sugar at room temperature until fluffy then after adding one tablespoon of champagne and vanilla extract pink
17. Spread frosting on cooled cake.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy!
18. Cut the Pink Champagne Poke Cake into squares and serve! This cake is perfect for any occasion, from birthdays to weddings to baby showers. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re looking to switch up the flavors or ingredients in this Pink Champagne Poke Cake recipe, there are plenty of tasty options.
For a non-alcoholic version, you can substitute sparkling grape juice or a non-alcoholic sparkling wine for the pink champagne.
If you prefer a different type of cake mix or flavor, such as chocolate or strawberry, feel free to use that instead of white cake mix.
If you don’t have gel food coloring on hand, regular food coloring will work just fine. Alternatively, you could add a tablespoon of strawberry puree instead to naturally color the cake.
For the frosting, if you don’t have powdered sugar on hand, granulated sugar can be blended in a food processor until it becomes fine like powdered sugar. You can also add cream cheese to make it tangy and creamy.
To switch up the flavors even further, you could try using a different flavor of jello besides strawberry, such as raspberry or peach. You could also try adding fresh fruit to the top of the cake once it’s frosted for an added burst of flavor.
No matter what substitutions or variations you choose to make, this Pink Champagne Poke Cake is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next celebration or gathering.
Serving and Pairing
This delicate pink champagne poke cake is perfect for celebrations and special occasions. It can be served as a beautiful and elegant dessert on its own or with a variety of side dishes.
To add an extra touch of elegance to your pink champagne poke cake, serve it with a glass of chilled sparkling pink champagne. However, if you prefer a non-alcoholic pairing, a glass of cold milk would also complement the flavor of the cake.
If you are looking to pair this cake with a dish, consider serving it with fresh berries such as raspberries or strawberries. These fruits complement the sweetness of the cake, while adding a refreshing balance to each bite.
Another great side dish option is whipped cream, which can create a smooth texture and enhance the flavors in each bite. If you want to take things to the next level, add some additional fruit like kiwi or even caramelized apples on top of the whipped cream.
Overall, this pink champagne poke cake is versatile when it comes to pairing options. It beautifully fits many occasions including an afternoon tea party, birthday gathering or even a wedding dessert table spread.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Once you have made this Pink Champagne Poke Cake recipe, you will surely want to know how you can store the remaining cake slices. I recommend covering it well with cling wrap or aluminum foil and placing it in an airtight container. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This recipe is perfect for making ahead of time as the cake becomes even more moist and delicious as it sits. To make it ahead of time, just bake and cool the pink champagne poke cake, then cover and store in the fridge for up to three days before serving. This will give the flavors time to blend and the cake itself will be perfectly moister than ever.
In case you have some leftovers, let me tell you that this cake freezes beautifully! After covering with foil or plastic wrap, put it in a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to serve, simply thaw overnight in the fridge and bring to room temperature before slicing.
When reheating this pink champagne poke cake, you can wrap individual pieces in a paper towel and gently microwave for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Alternatively, you can place them on a baking sheet and warm it up in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
Finally, if you want to take your left over cake game to a new level, try using it as a base for dessert experimentation. Slice the cake horizontally into thirds or quarters—a serrated knife works best—and layer them with frosting or pudding or anything else that sounds good. Top with fresh fruit or whipped cream or chocolate shavings! The sky is the limit with what you can do with these delicious slices of pink champagne poke cake leftovers!
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to baking, every little detail counts to achieve perfect results. Here are some tips to make sure your pink champagne poke cake turns out perfectly every time.
Firstly, ensure that all ingredients are at room temperature before you start. This includes the eggs, butter, and milk. Room temperature ingredients mix together better, and they will help create a lighter and fluffier texture on your cake.
Secondly, use a good quality cake mix. While there are many options available in the market, choose one that you know is reliable and produces consistently good results. This will ensure that your pink champagne cake comes out perfectly every time.
Thirdly, when lining your baking pan with parchment paper, make sure to cut it correctly to fit the size of your pan. This helps prevent the cake from sticking to the sides or bottom of the pan or tearing as it comes out.
Fourthly, when poking holes in the cake, make sure they are evenly spaced apart, neither too close nor too far apart. Too many or too few holes can both affect the absorption of the champagne mixture.
Fifthly, allow enough time for cooling before frosting your cake. If you frost a cake while it’s still warm or even slightly hot, the frosting will melt and run off instead of adhering well to the surface of the cake.
Finally, make sure your frosting is at room temperature before frosting your cake. If it is too cold or too warm, the consistency may not be right which can cause difficulty spreading it on smoothly.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your pink champagne poke cake tastes just as good as it looks!
As we near the end of this recipe article, it’s time to address some commonly asked questions about this pink champagne poke cake recipe. In this section, you’ll find answers to some concerns readers may have about substitutions, variations, and storage of the cake. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the frequently asked questions!
What is pink champagne cake made of?
Imagine tasting a sweet and smooth cake with a hint of bubbly champagne that gives off a rosy flavor. This is the Pink Champagne Cake, a luscious vanilla cake soaked in rose champagne and topped with champagne buttercream frosting.
What is the best way to poke holes in a poke cake?
To infuse the cake with the filling, take a wooden spoon ($8, Walmart) and gently press it through the cake, making holes that are about an inch apart. Be mindful not to poke the holes too close together, which can make the cake too wet, or too far apart, which can result in uneven filling distribution.
Is there alcohol in pink champagne cake?
The answer to whether a pink champagne cake contains alcohol is affirmative. The alcohol content remains present during the baking process of 6″ or 8″ layers, accounting for roughly 10% of the original alcohol volume. However, larger cakes that are 10 inches or more in size will have baked out the alcohol completely.
Why is it called pink champagne cake?
Pink champagne cake is a sweet treat infused with the delicate flavor of pink champagne. This delectable dessert is perfect for any event, be it a momentous occasion or simply a fun gathering. With its soft pink hue, it’s a fitting choice for festivities such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or even a lively bachelorette bash.
In conclusion, this Pink Champagne Poke Cake is an ideal dessert with its fancy flavor, delicate pink color, and simplicity in making. This cake recipe can quickly become a favorite dish for any occasion, be it a birthday party, a wedding celebration, or any gathering where the joy of elegant desserts is shared. This cake recipe is delicious and easy to prepare with ingredients readily available at your kitchen cabinet. Its unique and impressive taste proves that it’s worth trying.
Moreover, the versatility of this cake can be amplified by pairing it up with various food dishes. From rich chocolate mousse to fresh fruits, this cake will make everything taste better. The perfect pairing with a glass of Pink Champagne could further enhance the celebration mood.
In conclusion, whether you want to impress your guests or treat yourself on some special occasion, this Pink Champagne Poke Cake recipe is perfect every time. And even if you don’t have a motive for making this cake, you’re guaranteed to enjoy making and devouring it! So let’s get into the kitchen and get baking!
Pink Champagne Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup pink champagne
- 4 -6 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1.5 (7 g) packets unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup pink champagne
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2-2 cups candy sprinkles (rosÃ )
- For the Cake:
- Follow instructions on cake box; use hand mixer to combine.
- To the bowl of cake batter add pink champagne.
- Mix with hand mixer.
- Add red food coloring, mix until the batter has a pink hue.
- Fill 2 loaves cake pans with the cake batter.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- For the Poke Filling:
- In a small bowl, pour in cold water, add the gelatin, and once the gelatin begins to solidify, add hot water.
- Add pink champagne.
- For the Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, hand mix butter, powdered sugar and milk until the buttercream is thick and fluffy.
- For the Assembly:
- After the 2 cakes are cooled down, poke holes using the BBQ skewers throughout the cake; make sure to poke in deep, and approximately 1/4 inch spaces between the perforations.
- Pour the gelatin mixture so that it drains into the holes.
- For the bottom cake layer, trim the top so that it’s flat.
- Apply the frosting to the top.
- With the 2nd cake, trim the top so that too is flat and even.
- Place the 2nd cake on top of the 1st cake.
- Cover the entire cake tower with the buttercream frosting.
- Then cover the entire cake tower with the rosé sprinkles.
- Insert the sparklers on the top and ignite with a flame.