Mouth-watering marinated chicken recipe for summer BBQs
Are you tired of the same old boring chicken recipes? Want to add some zing to your dish without overwhelming your taste buds? Look no further than this Lemon Garlic and Wine marinade recipe!
Combining fresh lemon juice, aromatic garlic, and dry white wine, this marinade is the perfect way to elevate your next meal. Whether you’re cooking up chicken, shrimp, or even pasta, this recipe can be adjusted to suit any dish.
This flavorful marinade also boasts the health benefits of olive oil and fresh herbs that will leave you feeling both satisfied and nourished. Don’t settle for bland meals any longer – try out this Lemon Garlic and Wine marinade recipe today!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you are looking for a simple and delicious way to infuse some flavor into your meats, look no further than this Lemon Garlic and Wine Marinade Recipe. This recipe creates a delightful balance of tartness and richness that is perfect for chicken, salmon, shrimp, pasta and grilled meats.
What makes this recipe stand out from the rest is the combination of lemon juice, fresh herbs, and white wine. These ingredients work together to create a unique flavor profile that will elevate your dishes to new heights. The acidity from the lemon juice gives a tangy kick that helps tenderize the meat, while the white wine offers a subtle sweetness and acidity that complements the tartness of the citrus.
You’ll love this recipe because it’s incredibly easy to make and requires minimal prep time. All you need are a few ingredients like garlic, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, dry white wine, and dried herbs – all of which are pantry staples. You can also substitute fresh herbs for dried ones if needed.
Overall, this recipe is perfect when you want to add some zing to your dishes without spending too much time in the kitchen. Whether you’re looking to impress your family with an exciting new dish or simply want to make your meals pop with flavor, this Lemon Garlic and Wine Marinade Recipe is definitely worth a try.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or any dried herbs of your choice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or white wine vinegar
– Fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, and basil can add more depth of flavor.
– Red pepper flakes can add a bit of heat to the marinade.
Note: Use fresh ingredients whenever possible for the best results. You can adjust the seasoning depending on your preference. This recipe could work as a great base for chicken marinade but also works well with salmon or shrimp.
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Combine the ingredients
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, 1/4 cup of white wine, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of dried herbs (use Mediterranean herb blend or your favorite mix), 2 cloves of garlic finely minced or crushed, and some salt and pepper to taste. Mix them well until the consistency becomes homogenous.
Step 2: Add the Lemon Flavors
Using a vegetable peeler, scrape the rind of one lemon. You want to avoid getting the white part since it is bitter. Add the lemon zest to the marinade mixture.
Step 3: Make Garlic Flavor Intense
Peel and smash 3 cloves of garlic with the side of a knife. Make sure that these are finely minced or crushed so that they become almost paste-like when mashed. This will release all their aromatic oils and flavor into the marinade.
Step 4: Incorporate White Wine
Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of white wine depending on your preference. Mix all your ingredients thoroughly once again and voila! Your Lemon Garlic and Wine Marinade is ready to add wonderful flavors to any food you want to prepare.
This recipe will give you about 4 cups or enough for 8 chicken breasts or thighs.
Note: If you don’t have fresh lemons on hand, feel free to use bottled lemon juice instead.
Substitutions and Variations
The great thing about this lemon garlic and wine marinade recipe is that you can easily make substitutions or variations based on your preference or what’s easily available in your kitchen. Here are a few ideas:
– Fresh herbs vs dried herbs: While fresh herbs add a bright and refreshing taste to the marinade, dried herbs work just as well if that’s all you have. If using dried herbs, use half the amount indicated in the recipe.
– White wine vs red wine: This recipe calls for dry white wine, but if you don’t have it on hand, you can substitute it with any other white wine. Red wine, on the other hand, will give the marinade a bolder taste which may not complement the lemon and garlic flavors.
– Olive oil vs other oils: Any neutral-tasting oil will work great in this recipe. Sunflower oil, grapeseed oil or avocado oil are all excellent alternatives to olive oil.
– Different citrus fruits: While lemon is the star of this marinade, you can easily swap it out with lime or orange juice for a different flavor profile.
– Different proteins: This versatile marinade is perfect for chicken, shrimp, salmon pasta, butter chicken and grilled chicken thighs. Experiment with your favorite protein and see what works best!
– Spice level: If you want to add some heat to your marinade, feel free to add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a teaspoon of hot sauce.
– Gluten-free Version: Use gluten-free substitutes to replace ingredients like Worcestershire sauce which contains gluten.
With these substitutions and variations, feel free to get creative and make this recipe your own!
Serving and Pairing
The lemon garlic and wine marinade will bring a bright and refreshing flavor to any dish. It’s perfect for marinating chicken, salmon, shrimp, or even pasta. After marinating the chicken or fish, grill it to golden perfection and serve it alongside a crisp green salad for a deliciously wholesome meal.
You can also use this marinade as a flavorful dressing. Simply whisk in some olive oil and white wine vinegar to create a tangy and fragrant sauce. Drizzle it over roasted vegetables or a bowl of quinoa for added zing.
Pair this delightful marinade with a glass of dry white wine to complement its tangy and zesty citrus notes. A Sauvignon Blanc will perfectly match the acidity of this marinade, while Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio adds a fruity touch.
For an elevated dining experience, try serving this lemon garlic and wine marinade with grilled chicken thighs or buttery shrimp. The irresistible aroma creates an unforgettable culinary experience that your guests will surely love.
No matter how you choose to serve it, this easy garlic wine marinade is sure to be a hit at your next dinner party, barbecue or family gathering.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
If you’re planning to have a busy week ahead, this Lemon Garlic and Wine Marinade recipe can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply prepare the marinade as directed in the recipe and store it in an air-tight container. You can then marinate your meat or veggies right before cooking.
When storing the uncooked marinade, make sure to keep it covered – this will prevent cross-contamination and ensure that your meal stays fresh. For even better results, consider storing the marinated food in vacuum-sealed bags or containers. This will allow the flavors to develop even more and keep your meats tender for longer.
If you have leftovers from your meal, you can also store them for later use. Place them in an air-tight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to three days. When you’re ready to enjoy them again, you can reheat your leftovers using an oven or stovetop.
For the best storage results, separate the liquids from the solids when storing leftovers. This prevents the ingredients from becoming soggy, which makes them less appealing.
Overall, this Lemon Garlic and Wine Marinade recipe is incredibly flexible when it comes to make-ahead options, and can be easily adapted to match your schedule.
Tips for Perfect Results
The lemon garlic and wine marinade recipe is a perfect choice for adding a zesty flavor to your favorite chicken recipes. To achieve the best results, here are some practical tips to remember:
1. Use fresh ingredients: Fresh herbs, lemon juice, and garlic will give your marinade more flavor compared to using dried herbs or pre-minced garlic.
2. Crush the garlic: Use a mortar and pestle to crush your garlic instead of mincing it with a knife. Crushing the garlic creates a paste that will infuse better into the marinade.
3. Let it marinate: For best results, let the chicken marinate in the lemon garlic wine marinade recipe for at least four hours. Better yet, marinate overnight and let the flavors fully develop.
4. Use a Ziplock bag: Place the chicken and marinade in a Ziplock bag, release any air before sealing, and let it rest flat in the fridge to prevent dry spots.
5. Add acid slowly: The acid in lemon juice can break down the texture of meat if left too long. Only use as much lemon juice as needed for taste – usually around 1/4 cup – and no more than that.
6. Season well: Use salt and pepper to season your chicken generously before grilling or baking. This will add depth of flavor to your chicken while allowing the wine sauce’s tanginess to shine through.
7. Adjust ingredients accordingly: If you prefer a sweeter marinade, use more brown sugar when making this lemon garlic wine recipe. If you like it spicier, add some crushed red pepper flakes or hot sauce.
8. Experiment with pairings: This delicious marinade works great with chicken but also pairs well with salmon or shrimp dishes. You can also try serving it over pasta or grilled vegetables for a vegetarian option.
By following these tips for perfect results in making this mouth-watering lemon garlic and wine marinade recipe, you can elevate your chicken recipes and impress your guests with every dish you serve.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a flavorful and versatile marinade recipe that will elevate your chicken, salmon, shrimp, pasta or grilled meat to the next level, you should definitely give this Lemon Garlic and Wine Marinade recipe a try. With its well-balanced combination of lemon, garlic, olive oil, white wine and herbs, this marinade is not only easy to make but also deliciously buttery and tangy.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is highly customizable. You can adjust the amount of lemon juice, garlic, wine or herbs to suit your taste preferences or to experiment with different flavor combinations. You can also use fresh or dried herbs depending on what you have available.
This marinade is not only great for marinating your meat but it can also be used as a sauce or a dressing to drizzle over your dish. It pairs well with many sides such as roasted vegetables or steamed rice. Moreover, it’s perfect for making ahead and storing in the fridge for up to a week.
So why not give this Lemon Garlic and Wine Marinade recipe a whirl next time you’re cooking? I promise it will not disappoint. Your family and friends will love it and soon be asking for the recipe. Who knows! It could become your go-to marinade for all your meals!
Lemon Garlic and Wine Marinade Recipe
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried herbs, of choice
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade over fish or poultry in a shallow glass dish or heavy plastic bag.
- Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate for up to 3 hours while marinating.